Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1000rr lastnight and put 100 on it... Just curious, I'm not used to a hydrolic clutch on a motorcycle so I gotta ask... Do you guys get the feeling like it's gonna stall when you launch the bike?... I mean I usually rev a lot harder when I take off but the bike isn't broken in so I keep it under 6 when I launch but it feels weird as if I'm not giving it enough gas.... it never stalls though but it gives me that feeling like it's very close to stalling....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda figured I needed to get used to a different type of clutch... So thorn and Iron, you guys both have felt the same thing? Like I get a millisecond feeling of the motor lugging then it kicks in... sort of the feeling when you're getting ready to stall... I can't wait to lay into it...

·
Registered
202 Posts
i just notice, under heavy traffic conditions, that the clutch lever feels a little tighter, i think its just as with brake fade, the clutch reaction is as the fluid heats up,it gives a slightly tigher feel, but great other than that its been good

·
Registered
425 Posts
The bike can feel slightly clunky when shifting at low rpm. When it's broken in and you shift through the gears normally at high RPM it's butter. My 600rr is the same way, clunky at low RPM but can not even feel it grab another gear at 15000 rpm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IronNutz said:
get_dude, the only thing I noticed was that the lever travel was farther till engagement than I was used to with a cable clutch. It took a couple good rides to get used to it. I have no issues now.
Cool... I figure I will finish breaking it in by Sat and ryde it hard on Sunday to see if there is a difference when I give it more gas... Okay one thing just popped in my head... is the hydrolic clutch designed in a way that allows you to slip the clutch longer when taking off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.