Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Stu here from the UK

I've been looking at this forum for quite some time and it seems to be by far the most active for the new blade

I'm picking up my 1000RR on Friday (hopefully)

As I'm a big guy around 240 pounds (or 17 stone were I come from), can anyone recommend a good suspension setup for someone of my weight?

I've heard of some people replacing the stock springs but I don't really want to do this if I can help it

I imagine that stock, the bike is setup with an average weight rider in mind, for average road use?

How would one go about adjusting pre-load compression etc for a heavier than average rider?

Also I will be getting the 1000RR in black and grey (UK colours) basically the tank (cover) is all black with no decals. I've seen a few UK black blades were the tank finish has worn down after just a few rides where your knee's normally rub against the tank!

Other colours eg the UK tri-colour don't seem to suffer from this as they have a decal trim in this position which seems to give it some protection.
Has anyone else seen examples of thin paint?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well I have the tri-colour :rofl: so not much help here, sorry.

Regarding set-up, first you have to set the sag for your wheight and then go from there and mess with compression and rebound.
And if you are only street riding I would guess stock suspension will handle just fine.

By the way there is already a topic explaining this here in the forum.

Here is the link

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=230

Oh... and congrats on the new bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
i believe the pre-load spring is factory set a 4...I have mine at 7 now and I'm 170. I think it goes to nin, which I had my previous CBR at the highest. It'll get pretty firm. Just keep increasing it til it feels right for you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is from the AMCN track launch

Front preload: 1 turn over standard
Front compression: 1/2 turn over standard
Front rebound: stock
Rear preload: stock
Rear compression: 4 clicks over stock
Rear rebound: 1/2 turn over standard

They adjusted the suspension further as Ken Wooton from AMCN is around 6'3" and 95-100kg.

Front preload: 2 further turns
Front compression: 1/4 turn more
Front rebound: no more
Rear preload: no more
Rear compression: 2 clicks more
Rear rebound: 1/4 turn over standard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.