Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how the 1000RR dual stage throttle affects it's demeanor in terms of throttle sensitivity. On my old 954RR and RC51, they were notoriously snatch. A pCIII helped cure some of this, but it wasn't still that smooth. ON the 600RR i had, above 6k rpms, the throttle engagement was smooth as butter, but down below that it could get pretty abrupt still.

I've ridden the newer R1's and R6's and in terms of throttle engagement, they are the smoothest in the industry easily with the CV type butterflys.

So how is the 1000RR in comparison?

·
Registered
604 Posts
very smooth. I've got a 1000RR (black), and rode a buddy's '03 RC-51. In terms of throttle response, it was like a Ferrari vs. a Viper (not that I've driven either one... just theorizing).

My RC-51 buddy agrees with me. He wants to sell his RC and get a 1000RR, but he won't admit it :)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sub said:
It's smooth. I have noticed some driveline lash when riding the twisties hard though. anyone else? nothing significant but it's there.
Yep, I agree. A little driveline lash, but not enough to even nitpick about. FI is great on this bike, I will agree with above that the '02 R1 I rode a year ago, well the FI on that bike was slick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.