Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any heat problems on the 1000RR? the reason i ask is bec. i rode a 954 and there was to much heat on the inner theighs on the frame. i couldnt deal with it, so i didnt buy it. the 1000RR i see they put a plastic piece on the frame, so you dont feel it as much. anyone have any prob? or did have probs with the 954?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mark9738377 said:
anyone have any heat problems on the 1000RR? the reason i ask is bec. i rode a 954 and there was to much heat on the inner theighs on the frame. i couldnt deal with it, so i didnt buy it. the 1000RR i see they put a plastic piece on the frame, so you dont feel it as much. anyone have any prob? or did have probs with the 954?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I havn't had any problems with engine heat so far, but then again the warmest it's been here was 65. I was stuck in a traffic jam today for about 20 minutes. The engine was at 225 degrees most of that time and I felt fine, though I was wearing a full suit.

The F4I's had a huge problem with that too, but I think this one's gonna be fine. :thumbup:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Havent had any problems with the heat although I didnt have the thigh problem on my F4i either. Did have an issue with the aux. fan. Blew hot air right into my chest. :shock:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
vigis said:
Havent had any problems with the heat although I didnt have the thigh problem on my F4i either. Did have an issue with the aux. fan. Blew hot air right into my chest. :shock:
The issue on the F4I wasn't so much on the thigh, as it was on the ass. The front seat would get really hot while city riding. Guys were trying all sorts of things to combat it. Best cheap fix was to line the underside of the seat with tin-foil. Ghetto, but functional.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
My bike reached 225 today in traffic. First time the fan has come on since I got it. No problems with heat yet. Actually with the cooler weather, I wish the bike would be warmer. The tank doesn't heat up like the RC51, which should be better in the summer months.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you're having heat problems: Change the proportion of water / antifreeze (more water)

I'd find it hard to believe that the new RR would have this issue considering the HUGE radiator it has (40 % larger then the 954)

·
Registered
240 Posts
So far this has been the coolest bike I have owned to date. Pastic tank cover helps out alot, not to mention the engine sites a little further forward then other bikes.

As for the Larger radiator statement. This will come in handy during the summer, as a byproduct of energy is heat, and believe me this bike has got alot of "energy" The cooling system however is still regualted via a thermostat to keep at an optimum temprature. Remember, there are 2 catalytic convertors underneath the driver's rearsets which have to stay hot to function..

G

·
Hello to all!

I am a new guy to the forum and I would like to ask about the hetaing problem too. I ve read about the R1 that has a serious heating problem. From your answers I understand that the RR is ok, but what about the passenger? Has he/she any problems? The exhaust is just under the seat! :roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have not had a problem yet but the temps have not been that high. I can tell the exhaust is right near my right foot when riding, I can fell the heat but only slightly, it is not that bad.

The rear seat does not seem that bad. After a short city ride I removed the rear seat and checked the temp there on the plastic, it was warm but not overly hot. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

I know on my 929RR I have a carbon slip-on and like it because it never gets really hot, bleeds off fast. I think a carbon can on the 1000RR will help under seat temps.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Shot said:
Hello to all!

I am a new guy to the forum and I would like to ask about the hetaing problem too. I ve read about the R1 that has a serious heating problem. From your answers I understand that the RR is ok, but what about the passenger? Has he/she any problems? The exhaust is just under the seat! :roll:
She's been on it for a couple hundred miles with no complaints of heat. She said it's more aggressive, but more comfortable than the 929. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I've been seeing several messages regarding 'excessive heat' off the 1000RR. Not sure what kind of temps a lot of you guys are riding in but out here in Hawaii where the coldest is around 60 degrees and hottest is about 91 degrees, the RR's proving to be holding up rather well. On any given day, with a little bit of traffic riding mixed in with some short stints of gas, my temp gauge reads anywhere from 218-225. Once in every 3 times the aux fan comes on after stopping but thats if I'm stuck in traffic for some time at a standstill on a sunny day.
I do notice some heat coming off the bike at these standstills but nothing worth considering as 'excessive'. The seat is totally unaffected but the passenger seat seems a little more warm.
"Summer" for you guys up in the colder regions may have you finding that the underseat compartment(if you can even call it that) does get considerably warm. I read somewhere once on this forum about someone that said that they kept their cell phone in there w/o any problem. In my higher temps(which everyone should be experiencing soon), that probably wouldn't be a good idea. :oops: It does get warm in there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.