Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine said 198, but I have one of those messed up speedo. When I'm in traffic doing around 70 is says between 85 and 104. I wonder if I was really doing 180 if it would say like... 300. And yes it is in miles not KM.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
IronNutz said:
167 indicated, two-up, still pulling hard, ran out of safe road.
What do they call that...um...and Oxymoron. Please find me any "Road" that is safe at 167, especially two up. Sorry, must be the MSF instructor coming out of me. :wink:

Anyway, I had mine up to about 145 so far. I've not yet had the opportunity to really open 'er up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm just back from the North West 200 road races, and i think i can definitely tell you the top speed of a CBR1000RR. It wasn't me, but it was against some ZX10R's, TT winning Gixxers, and loads of 04 R1's.

The bike was BSB's HRC supported HM Plant Fireblade ridden by Michael Rutter. He stuffed everybody in both races and won by miles, which is hardly surprising since he was recorded at 201.1mph on an Irish country road.

He was coming past us at over 170 with the front wheel 2 feet in the air!!!

Amazing!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The North West 200....now thats a Road Race! Hmmmm...if you let me borrow your blade we can see what its got on the Sulby straight, the mountain mile, or comind down towards the Creg-ny-baa!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently saw 185 twice in the same run, and I am trying to figure out if thats the "end" of the bike. At 185, the bike was just not making any more steam. I had it pinned WOT in 6th gear. The engine was making the same noise repeated (rrrmmmmm-rrrmmmmm-rrrmmmmm-rrrmmmmm) at that speed. The speedo wouldn't go any higher, from what I have found.

Just an FYI, 5th gear "shift" indicator appears (yellow bright LED) at 174 indicated. I found this out in my second attempt to hit 185 when I was all tucked in, I was WOT and the rpms were getting up there. I was paying attention to the road when the bright yellow light came on, and I was like "Oh FSCK! I blew something in the motor up!?!?" I looked down, and saw 174, and was like "Wtf...? oh... heh, I'm in 5th gear..." *snick* vvrrrroooooommmm....

~

I am wondering if anyone has gone any faster?

Oh, my bike is a 2004 (the fastest [solid] black color), with stock gearing, and no 'go-fast' mods that would effect acceleration or top speed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
174, still pullin a little. ran outta road.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.