Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see the AMA Superbike race over the weekend? If you didn't, Miguel Duhamel won race #2 and Jake Zemke came in 2nd on the other 1000rr. Don't know if this means anything for the rest of the season but it might. Looks like Big Red's getting their act together. 8)

·
Registered
98 Posts
B-kndrggr said:
Anybody see the AMA Superbike race over the weekend? If you didn't, Miguel Duhamel won race #2 and Jake Zemke came in 2nd on the other 1000rr. Don't know if this means anything for the rest of the season but it might. Looks like Big Red's getting their act together. 8)
I was there with Sub. It was awesome to watch the two honda's traveling together and flicking back and forth together. We were at the top of the mound between turn 1 & 2 and could see almost the whole track from there. saw some cool accidents too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, at Daytona both RR's came in only 7 seconds behind the leader with the next bike coming in 2 laps behind them. Was good planning on suzukis part and mechanical problems on one RR that made it so, not the 1000RR itself.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well that would suck if Mladin was on a honda but I wouldn't give my bike up. I am just sick of hearing him bitch an whine! Wish he was younger so suzuki would take him for GP's and he wouldn't be a factor. One can only wish!

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
GB7 said:
If Mladin was riding a Honda, I'd buy a Kawasaki.
Ok, I probably wouldn't actually get rid of my Honda--but I would be quite upset.

I agree--Mladin bitches and whines a LOT. Then he says that he can't just be happy all the time, as he has a family and a business to run. I worked in retail for 6 years, and it doesn't matter how shitty your day is going--when the customer comes in, you don't let them think it's anything but a great day. Same goes for waitresses/waiters, and myriads of other professions. And they do it for barely more than minimum wage. Almost all of the other riders are smiling and happy when on camera, even if they just crashed out.

I see no valid excuse for the words or actions of Mladin (& the same thing goes for Yates).

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
i tell you what

If i got PAID..PAID to ride a superbike there could be no way i'd bitch about anything.

you know they are making good money too..plus you think they got some free bikes in the garage?

i mean... here frank heres only 100G a year to go out and thrash our bikes

who on gods green earth could complain about that (oh and I'm sure they all make more than that)

STFU ... bitches

i get half that to go get shot at by some F'n towelheads

wake the F up .....

sorry done ranting

·
Registered
604 Posts
klrb929 said:
i tell you what

i get half that to go get shot at by some F'n towelheads

wake the F up .....

sorry done ranting
good point... did anyone hear the podium speech Miguel gave after his superbike win? He gave recognition to the troops in Iraq, who are the really warriors in this world.

·
Registered
425 Posts
didn't hear that, but that's cool he thought of them at a moment like that because it shows you what he's about. I haven't got to the point where I dislike Mladin, sometimes I like to hear guys say what they actually feel rather than being PC all the time because that gets so boring to hear.

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Dont care what anyone thinks: Mladin is a great rider, regardless of his words/actions. People are people, and sometimes you get people who's personalities aren't the greatest. You gotta give props to those who deserve them, based on what they've accomplished.

And for what its worth: Miguel Duhamel is DA MAN!!! My ex-girlfriend was an umbrella girl at the VIR race last season, and she got to meet him (she actually was on the track with Ben Bostrom). She got me an autographed Miguel poster, as well as one from Ben. She said they are both great guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TLS-RR said:
Well that would suck if Mladin was on a honda but I wouldn't give my bike up. I am just sick of hearing him bitch an whine! Wish he was younger so suzuki would take him for GP's and he wouldn't be a factor. One can only wish!

Unfortunately, Mat Mladin already had his shot in the GPs in the early and mid 90s and failed. I think he rode for Cagiva after John Kosinski went to SBK. 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.