Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1053cc fueling/Power Commander map?

370 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Butters51
I’m closing in on my first break-in rides at the track for my freshly built 1053 engine.

I have a Power Commander 3usb installed and it’s using a stock displacement Yoshimura slip-on map.

The displacement is now about 5% more and my guess is the fuel mixture is lean. The bike warms up much faster… a sign it’s lean, perhaps.

DynoJet map database doesn’t have anything with the 2mm high compression pistons I now have.

Does anyone have a custom map for this displacement I can try to input to get me by for a day or recommendations on how much fuel to add to the current map to ensure I don’t hurt the engine? Trying to avoid hurting valve seals or cracking a piston.
Thanks
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 3
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
It won't be lean to cause motor issues. On my 1091cc high compression build, I ran a dyno on a 999cc map and was only very slightly lean from 10k to 13k. You can pick a map from Dynojet and scale the entire fuel table by 5 to start.
It won't be lean to cause motor issues. On my 1091cc high compression build, I ran a dyno on a 999cc map and was only very slightly lean from 10k to 13k. You can pick a map from Dynojet and scale the entire fuel table by 5 to start.
Perfect! Adding 5% to my current map was plan A, so I will start there. Much appreciated
It won't be perfect, because the Power Commander will not add 5% to the upper airbox injectors. It may run a little lean, but it will not be lean to cause damage.

Here is the AFR curve for my bike on a 999cc map. It had +12-15% fuel in the range that read slightly lean, but still perfectly safe. +2mm overbore is not a significant change to the displacement, and higher compression ratio improves engine efficiency, but does not cause more fuel to be used.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope
See less See more
It won't be perfect, because the Power Commander will not add 5% to the upper airbox injectors. It may run a little lean, but it will not be lean to cause damage.

Here is the AFR curve for my bike on a 999cc map. It had +12-15% fuel in the range that read slightly lean, but still perfectly safe. +2mm overbore is not a significant change to the displacement, and higher compression ratio improves engine efficiency, but does not cause more fuel to be used.
View attachment 267387
Sincerely appreciate your help!

I saved the map that was in it and might go back to it after your extremely helpful information.
We added some fuel and you can smell it 😂

I will be testing it out this Friday at the track. Nice and easy day 1 and then oil change. Then let er rip!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts