Regards
Hasan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks, i checked, they dont deliver to United arab emirates,

also wanted to know the effects of 15W oil in the forks

as my forks fully dipp down during braking, there is no oil leak, but i suppose the previous owner put some kind of oil

over here i caught a workshop using transmittion fluid in forks,

Regards
Hasan

·
BOTM Moderator
513 Posts
Wait.. you don't have a well in the backyard to get oil out of?

Just kidding..

If you have a CBR, I assume you have Honda dealers. don't they have the needed oil?

I did some searches and it appears that you could blend oils of different viscosity and get a desired number.

look at this:

Note: You should only mix oils of the same brand and formulation

I don't know.. just saying you might be able to blend 5 and 15 to somehow get 10.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
127 Posts
If you use 15w fork oil the effect is to increase the compression and rebound damping. If it is too much the ride will be harsher. You can give it a try, the oil isn't too expensive to change.
I remember people using ATF for fork oil 30 years ago, if was a 5w oil I think, it is anti-foaming, and was compatible with the fork seals which is rather important. With synthetic ATF now adays it is a possible option for standard forks which are cheap to rebuild. I wouldn't use it in Ohlin electronic suspension, way too expensive to service.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you use 15w fork oil the effect is to increase the compression and rebound damping. If it is too much the ride will be harsher. You can give it a try, the oil isn't too expensive to change.
I remember people using ATF for fork oil 30 years ago, if was a 5w oil I think, it is anti-foaming, and was compatible with the fork seals which is rather important. With synthetic ATF now adays it is a possible option for standard forks which are cheap to rebuild. I wouldn't use it in Ohlin electronic suspension, way too expensive to service.
Hi,
Thanks, since i bought the bike, it was dipping forward when i braked, a friend of mine who is a pro track rider, checked my bike and recommended either stiffer springs or heavier oil

i really hav no idea what the previous owner serviced it with, also 10W oil is short in the market, and ordering from amazon not possible as they dont deliver to my place

a good workshop is charging 150USD to service both forks with 10W oil with manpoer charges

if i was able to get the 10w oil, i would do it my self, i have the tools at home to perform the task

Thanks and Regards
Hasan

·
Can't Spell
442 Posts
Combine the 5w and 15w half and half to make 10w.
Trans fluid is very similar to fork oil fyi, it works if you have zero other options and have to get down the road somehow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts