Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just want to introduce myself. I’m from Houston, Texas. Sold my MV F3 800 a year ago after a friend passed on his bike.We all know that’s an unfortunate part of riding with others. I planned to buy something in December, but after having an MV I wasn’t sure what to replace it with I just knew I wanted it to be something special.
The Honda CBR1000RR SP definitely caught my eye and after starting on a 300cbf that was ULTRA reliable I decided to go back to Honda. I found a lead in Houston, but it wasn’t in the condition I imagined it would be. My search went on and now I found another bike I’d like to buy in Laguna Hills, CA.
I was just wondering if anyone had the time to go lay eyes on the bike for me to check it out and see if everything is in good shape? I can return the favor to anyone who needs a bike checked out in Houston if needed.
Sorry for such a long post. Hope to be a positive member of the forum. Keep the shiny side up.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,042 Posts
Welcome to the Team! I hope it all works out for you and you found the SP of your dreams. Feel free to post the photos when you get it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome!.. as an ex f3 800 owner myself, i can say that the SC77 SP is a way more comfortable bike that can bring some smiles, and knowing it wont be a crap shoot on reliability is a plus. you will find the handling not as sharp, and the brakes are plain garbage vs the F3. Get a flash, bypass the abs and add a galespeed or brembo master and let the fun begin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. I found the SP surprisingly light and comparable to the F3. That’s mainly what attracted me to the SP. Riding position did seem more relaxed. My F3 motor gave out on me RIGHT after the 7.5k valve service and more problems than I care to admit (I guess that’s part of the Italian experience). Bike was definitely a scalpel and fun on our local twisty roads and from what I remember the brakes had a lot more bite than I was used to coming from a CB300F lol. Looking forward to new adventures with Honda.

Welcome!.. as an ex f3 800 owner myself, i can say that the SC77 SP is a way more comfortable bike that can bring some smiles, and knowing it wont be a crap shoot on reliability is a plus. you will find the handling not as sharp, and the brakes are plain garbage vs the F3. Get a flash, bypass the abs and add a galespeed or brembo master and let the fun begin!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah that was a major reason i parted ways with the F3 800 as well, extended warranty was about over and she started having little issues.. But with a spark WSS race system, ecustudios flash, and other upgrades bike was a freaking weapon for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts