Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
bored.....Yea, each of the generations have some good and bad things for looks. I do like the overall look of the 17-19...I could probably work with the red scheme, but most likely change out the fairings for a tri-color scheme. I do like the tail fairing on the 14-16 best. I will say I think the 04-07 has the best nose fairing.

toast....Yep.....your prices in Australia seem a little higher than here in the U.S.

Topaz....good advice, thanks.

Jaybird.... Yea, you have to be careful fixing up older bikes and cars.....they can become money pits that you can never dig out of. But so can new bikes too. We have to think through those situations real good before we leap....:unsure:

We had the CBRs out to Mormon Lake, Arizona yesterday....

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
Riding wise they aren't worth it, but looks wise yes sometimes they are. I really like the 12-16's. And the new RRRR is sofa king hot. Otherwise the other models aren't doing anything for me that the older ones don't.
Do you own a SC77? I just back from a track day at NYST, and my SP rips! Couldn’t ask for a better package. The E-Ohlins was amazing. Absolutely blows away my former ‘12 in every way..

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey JD.....glad you had a great track day. I assume you have done some computer mods....without going into all the details.....what changes did you make that made the most difference in the performance of the bike? Any obvious mechanical mods too???

·
Can't Spell
454 Posts
Do you own a SC77? I just back from a track day at NYST, and my SP rips! Couldn’t ask for a better package. The E-Ohlins was amazing. Absolutely blows away my former ‘12 in every way..
Your ohlins suspensed special model is way better then a standard model? Tell me more! haha.
I've ridden a 17. Im not saying they aren't sweet, they just aren't worth extra money to me. The RRRR is though. I'd sex that bike.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
Your ohlins suspensed special model is way better then a standard model? Tell me more! haha.
I've ridden a 17. Im not saying they aren't sweet, they just aren't worth extra money to me. The RRRR is though. I'd sex that bike.
I had a '12 CBR from new, and rode it extensively. I have this '18SP, from new, and rode it extensively, and have done TD's with it. Comparing the two, yes, the SC77 has far better handling, feels much smaller/lighter, and is easier to throw around. That's about all I have to say.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts