Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 17+ integrated tail-light? Looking to get rid of the mess that is the stock rear end, already got an under-tail license plate bracket, just looking at blinker options now and would prefer to have an integrated tail-light, just looking to see if anyone here already has one and how the install went.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed the Motodynamics smoke sequential led tail light and used the tst industries fender eliminator and led license plate light. The install was all plug and play and taking the plastic off was pretty easy. They come with instructions and there are some youtube videos by other companies you can watch to see how to take the plastics off for the 17+

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Edit: Nevermind, I found the plugs!

@DG9142 I'm in the process of installing the motodynamics tail-light but its not exactly plug and play, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've attached a picture, the straight ends are coming from the motodynamics tail-light and the orange/blue are the original connectors on the bike. The only extra pieces I have are the voltage stabilization kit but that doesn't connect to anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great. Glad you got it! I did forget to mention I had an issue with the front turn signals flashing fast and the sequential blinking not working initially. I contacted moto dynamics and they sent me a sub harness for free that corrected it. Dont know if you will run into that issue but thought I would mention it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Edit: Nevermind, I found the plugs!

@DG9142 I'm in the process of installing the motodynamics tail-light but its not exactly plug and play, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've attached a picture, the straight ends are coming from the motodynamics tail-light and the orange/blue are the original connectors on the bike. The only extra pieces I have are the voltage stabilization kit but that doesn't connect to anything. View attachment 257849
Post pics of the finish product. Also does your blinker, blink, normal speed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what it looks like, everything lines up flush just like the OEM tail-light. The blinkers blink normally and in sequence with the front blinkers. Side note, would anyone know of an aftermarket license plate light I could use that would plug into the OEM socket? I have no idea what the name of the adapter is so I have no clue where to start looking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My tst led license plate light just tapped into the wire. Very easy, basically just screw it on the oem cable. Nice and bright too

·
Registered
27 Posts
💪😂😂😂

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is what it looks like, everything lines up flush just like the OEM tail-light. The blinkers blink normally and in sequence with the front blinkers. Side note, would anyone know of an aftermarket license plate light I could use that would plug into the OEM socket? I have no idea what the name of the adapter is so I have no clue where to start looking.
View attachment 257937
Looks good !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts