Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Just picked up a 17' CBR1000RR SP. I've owned about every brand over the years, including a 12' CBR1000RR that I sold a couple years ago. Anyway, I have a few questions I'm hoping to get answers from the group regarding the 17+.

Rearsets- Do the 08+ rear sets fit and function correctly on the 17+? Browsing the web is giving me mixed info. Some sites list 08-18 for their rear sets. Others do not. I'm looking to have peg adjustment more than anything. I have a set of the 360 adjustable pegs, but that's not going to work for me. I really want a set of solid rear sets that allow adjustment and a more positive shift feel. I've always run Vortex on my past track bikes.

Gearing- Dropping 1 tooth on the CS. I've read mixed reviews on changing gearing and it's affects on the electronics. Has anyone done this without changing anything else? I'm planning to flash the bike, so I gather after that it may not "need" to be geared. I do plan to take it to some track days however and that will require re-gearing based on the track.

Flashing- Thinking about going Woolich. I did this on my 16' ZX10R. Can the Woolich software reverse the shift switch for GP? Or, do you have to buy an aftermarket switch?

Bar risers- Has anyone successfully installed a bar riser kit or the woodcraft clip on risers? I'm getting old. Looking at the clearance of the stock bars, raising the position even 1" looks to be challenging without them moving closer as well. The upper fairing is super tight on full lock.

I read that the HRC ecu unlocks the advanced settings where you can adjust tire size, sprockets etc. not planning to convert my bike however. I have not reached out to Anthony yet on the woolich capabilities.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling he might be the guy. I’ve read a ton of threads with his contributions.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any recommendations on rear sets that will work straight out the box? No GP shift, all I really need is retain stock height, but move them a little to the rear. I do have the OEM QS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wanted to re open this and see what aftermarket rearsets people are running with the oem qs. i have a 2017 with oem qs and would like to go with the woodcraft option as i have in the past. anyone running this combo?

·
Premium Member
2018 CBR 1000 SP1
74 Posts
I'm picking up a 2018 CBR 1000 SP1 tomorrow. Wondering about how to set the shifter to GP shifting? Has anyone done this. and were you able to do it with OEM components, or had to get aftermarket rearsets?

Does the dash have a setting were you can reverse the QS sensor?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I'm picking up a 2018 CBR 1000 SP1 tomorrow. Wondering about how to set the shifter to GP shifting? Has anyone done this. and were you able to do it with OEM components, or had to get aftermarket rearsets?

Does the dash have a setting were you can reverse the QS sensor?
You can do with OEM rearset, your main issue is going to be the shift arm, you need to reverse it, but the EVAP canister cover is in the way, so you’d have to cut into it. No changes in the dash needed as it will be transparent to the sensor cause it’ll be traveling the same way, just the shifter travel is different due to arm being reversed.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Steering part

Reactions: J D
1 - 15 of 15 Posts