Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, how easy is it to pull up, and does it have a good balance point compared to other bikes, and how is the power to pull it up?? Also, do you have to clutch it much to get it up... thanx, just kinda curious for power purposes... :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
It comes up pretty easy. Feels weird at first, probable because the swing arm is so long. Have to get more practice. Been riding a 98 CBR900RR (The easiest bike to wheelie). I awlays use the clutch and only start out in 2nd. Never do a first gear.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've been intentionally trying to NOT wheelie untill it's more broken in, and I'm more used to the handling. It has PLENTY of power to do it, but even when I'm hard on the throttle it feels like it wants to stay planted, rather than raise the front. I too am quite sure the swingarm is playing a factor in this. My 929 wanted to wheelie way more often on it's own than this one does, but then again, we want both wheels on the ground at all times don't we? :wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but I think people are getting the wrong idea about the whole wheelie issue with this bike. I'm sure it WILL wheelie without a prob. The whole idea behind the swingarm deal is for serious roadrace conditions....put up against the rest of the pack, on a roadcourse I'm sure you'd notice the difference on applying power out of a tight corner. ANY bike with 145+rwhp and a wheelbase of 56 inches or less will be no prob to wheelie. At least thats what I hope!! Have fun guys....I'm anxiously awaiting! :D

·
Mmmmmm, cookies!
61 Posts
Just about any bike on the street these days from a 600 to a 1000 can wheelie no problem. It's all about testicular fortitude... :) . I'm sure the new Blade is no different. At first I had some issues with my 600RR but once you understand the weight bias of it...no problem. Now my 954 is almost too easy to bring up....3rd or 4th on the freeway works VERY well at around 90mph.

D-Dub

G

·
The wheelie report

My feeling is that maybe this is a case of exaggeration. Reviews always want to exaggerate any differences. And yes, the swingarm is definitely longer. And longer swingarms make wheelies more difficult. THese are both definitely true.

I would bet $500 I can pop up a stock 1000RR in 3rd gear without a clutch. I live in Santa Monica if anybody wants to take me up on my bet and let me try on their machine.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My SV650 is much easier to wheelie than the CBR1000RR

Ernie

I'm not a wheelie guy. I get first gear wheelies on the CBR coming out of corners in first on the track. A few second gear wheelies but it takes throttle real good without coming up.

·
certified serial crasher
222 Posts
ernie said:
I'm not a wheelie guy. I get first gear wheelies on the CBR coming out of corners in first on the track. A few second gear wheelies but it takes throttle real good without coming up.
With Mori Pipe, PCIII and mapping (~10 RWHP over stock) I got nice little power wheelies on 2nd gear last saturday on track (on all 12 laps that I got before huge rain came :cry:). 1000RR takes helluva lot throttle without coming up or sliding which is way nice when trying to outgun 10R's out of corner :D

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
tn1krr said:
ernie said:
With Mori Pipe, PCIII and mapping (~10 RWHP over stock) I got nice little power wheelies on 2nd gear last saturday on track (on all 12 laps that I got before huge rain came :cry:). 1000RR takes helluva lot throttle without coming up or sliding which is way nice when trying to outgun 10R's out of corner :D

man i love your color scheme.....im considering the same , black on grey/silver....looks like a tank

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It is NOOOO stunner bike, but it still comes up pretty easy... I personally enjoy its stabel accleration and planted wheels! It is more confy, to shoot out than with the other liter bikes, but if that's the way you want it just pull that throttle and hold on tight :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.