Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I finally got on the gas pretty hard lastnight with a friend on a Hayabusa at 40-50mph roll on & was amazed at how well this thing accelerates. The front stays planted & the bike just goes like mad. My RC would have had the front end clawing at the sky losing all kinds of acceleration fighting the wheelie, but the RR just keeps its head down to an acceptable level & does what it is supposed to do!

2. My dealer put in at least half a quart too much oil & I didn't check it until late last night :x Fuggin arseholes! With the bike level & upright it goes way past the top of the sight glass window. This is the first new bike in 7 years that I didn't uncrate & prep myself & I should have expected something like this to happen!

Ooops 3 things I guess I've started the torqu values & part numbers on the www.rogueracing.org site

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Red Ryder said:
hmmmm... by accident I always used to overfill my old bike (use the whole 4 quarts instead of 3.3) and never had a problem. What issues would arrise if it was overfilled?
I've seen it happen on a RC and oil just seaped through the fill hole, not that big of an issue really, just a mess to clean up.

A friend with a new RR had the same issue, techs overfilled his oil as well. The clip ons weren't properly torqued either. I would recommend checking both soon for new owners.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
Care to elaborate on the smoking issue?
Haven't visited this thread in awhile, forgot I posted in it. I have been told by people behind me on rides that my bike smokes, or should we say puffs when accelerating hard. Another 1000rr owner complain to the local dealer. I was there when the service tech got of the phone with American Honda. The service tech was told by American Honda, " 1 quart every 1000 miles is acceptable, 1 quart every 500 miles is excessive". It should take about 12 oz. to get the oil level from the bottom line to the top line on on the site glass I'm told. I'm not concerned in the least at this point, just need to keep an eye on my oil level.

The '03 600rr smokes a bit too. Both of these bikes had "moderate" break-ins. Nothing too hard, nothing too soft. By the book, short-shifting no redlines.

·
Registered
79 Posts
freq said:
The '03 600rr smokes a bit too. Both of these bikes had "moderate" break-ins. Nothing too hard, nothing too soft. By the book, short-shifting no redlines.
I rode my bikes like I stole them from day 1, both the 600RR and to a greater extent the 1KRR. Neither one lost a DROP of oil between oil changes, nor did they smoke. I know how to properly seat rings.

MototuneUSA's website has the technique...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Pearl said:
I know how to properly seat rings.
Of course you do, on one wheel, with the motor starving for oil. Just like it says under your name. Out on 2, up on 1. :D

edit: and if this is true, that you know how to seat rings, I would expect you to be a little better educated on your machine or machines. where is the cat and how many are there. can we weld in a "test pipe" etc., etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
freq said:
The Pearl said:
I know how to properly seat rings.
Of course you do, on one wheel, with the motor starving for oil. Just like it says under you name. Out on 2, up on 1. :D
Lol... I know of someone who rode a standup on their 1KRR for so long that he had to set it down.. because the OIL LIGHT came on. uhh..

I will just qualify that by saying that IT WAS NOT ME. I love my bike too much. I'll ride them for a mile or so, tops.

PS: I have 3600 miles on the bike already. . . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.