Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just had to widen the hole a bit to get them to mount properly. and no, they are not running lights also (next the reflectors get taken off - yeah, i'm going for the VERY stealth look)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Looks good. I bet the smoked ones would look good on the all black model also. I had the same flushmounts on my 929 and got many compliments on them. I noticed over the winter, many of the guys in my group had switched over to them.

Diggy, did you intentionally get the single filament one's? They do make them as running lights also.

BTW, what is that blue thing on your left fork in the first picture?

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went with the single filament on purpose. I had single filaments on my F4i, and also took off the reflectors. The blue thing on the left fork is the Va State Inspection sticker, which has to be VISIBLE. I hate them about as much as I hate the COUNTY STICKER which also must be VISIBLE (and which is planted at the bottom of the right fork now - not pictured)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dig,

I had a customer bring his bike in for service and he bought a plate that I've seen sold in the harley shop when I worked there and he mounted the plate to the ankle guard on the rear set.

Just passing an idea...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks much better. I would just prefer short stalks so that there is more visibility.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
have those on my 929

I love em and i i love em on yours

·
Registered
425 Posts
how is the visibility on those compared to the stockers or shortstalks? I'm all for the clean look but visibility is even more important. I don't want my bike looking good as it smashes through the side of a van that didn't see me.

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
I am planning on getting some dual fliment ones myself. And, I want to add some lights into the fake intakes under the headlights to use for signals on the front of the bike. Just want the grills to glow, no visible lighting from there though.

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are the LP Flushmount IV. There was a size bigger than this, but they would look stupid on the bike. Not sure if they make a dual filament bulb though

·
Registered
298 Posts
Diggy said:
went with the single filament on purpose. I had single filaments on my F4i, and also took off the reflectors. The blue thing on the left fork is the Va State Inspection sticker, which has to be VISIBLE. I hate them about as much as I hate the COUNTY STICKER which also must be VISIBLE (and which is planted at the bottom of the right fork now - not pictured)
what part of VA are you in?
I'm down by blacksburg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.