Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going Monday to look at a 2006 with only 400 miles and I dont know if I should be worried about this or not. I love the fact that the miles are low because Im going to use this mostly as a track bike so the miles will stay relatively low when I sell it. My question is should I avoid it all together or take it home. I know it's hard to decide with out actually looking at the bike so I'll try to take a few pictures when I'm there. It looks to be in flawless condition and I know I'll have to change some rubber pieces and other odds and ends from the bike sitting for so long, but is there anything I should absolutely look for on Monday? Thanks!

Also its a dealership not private party, if that means anything.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Not a good track bike bro... Those things handle like crap until they get a decent shock under them and some extended fork caps and even then they are still front end biased as all hell. You'll be fighting the bike in and out of every turn until you spend some serious coin to modify it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I see you are new, and are unfamiliar with the users on this forum, but LDH is an Ohlins suspension expert and I would not doubt what he says.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
It can't be any worse than the 2003 600rr I used to have, can it?
That is difficult to quantify. I mean if you are just out for a joyride at any given trackday riding 20 or 25 seconds off the lap record then meh... Any bike will due.

If you have aspirations of riding within 10-12 seconds of the lap record comfortably and drama free, it will be in my opinion about 5 times harder and 3 times as costly to do it on a 06 1000RR versus the effort and expense it takes to do it on a similar year 600.

·
Can't Spell
330 Posts
Still amazes me people buy bikes with the intention of selling them. Its literally never a thought in my mind.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Not a good track bike bro... Those things handle like crap until they get a decent shock under them and some extended fork caps and even then they are still front end biased as all hell. You'll be fighting the bike in and out of every turn until you spend some serious coin to modify it.
Mike knows how much I spent on suspension and brakes on my 06. But I love that old bike, she still gets around the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts