Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about to close a deal on a brand new limited edtition 2008, but noticed something peculiar about it that made me wonder...
...all the pics of the LE that i have seen have cbr1000 written on the side of the fairing, this one is straight black...it actually looks sweet that way but i want to make sure i am not being duped...has anyone seen the LE 2008 cbr1000rr with no markings at all on it?...is this normal, am i being paranoid?

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
...about to close a deal on a brand new limited edtition 2008, but noticed something peculiar about it that made me wonder...
...all the pics of the LE that i have seen have cbr1000 written on the side of the fairing, this one is straight black...it actually looks sweet that way but i want to make sure i am not being duped...has anyone seen the LE 2008 cbr1000rr with no markings at all on it?...is this normal, am i being paranoid?
I would be concerned if I were you...

Here is a pic of mine... with a few additional markings...notice the rim stripes which are part of the scheme...and the bike has graphite markings in addition to black...

There are two at my local dealer...real ones...but why would a dealer do that? That would just be stupid!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
just check the vin number. if theres alot of zeros then your good. if theres alot of numbers then its just a black 09.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
it's either not a real LE or it's been repainted for some reason. dealers don't generally rip stickers off

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine had the stickers like I'm sure everyone else's. I assume this is a used one so maybe they removed them since I don't think they are under the clearcoat

·
A/V guru
243 Posts
just double check the vin, trust no one.....and welcome

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, The passenger and rider foot pegs will be black. The VIN will be ......0000500 or less as there were only 500 LE models. I did not know about the pin strip on the wheel. Anyone else know any differences?

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Yep, The passenger and rider foot pegs will be black. The VIN will be ......0000500 or less as there were only 500 LE models. I did not know about the pin strip on the wheel. Anyone else know any differences?
only 500 made yeah that may be true, but mine is #000521 and it is a LE. so maybe the vin's on the le's werent consecutive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...it was LE

...i forgot i started this thread...
...so to sum up...the bike was indeed a 2008 limited edition, the vin is below 000500, and the dealership confirmed its LE status.
yet, it did not have any decals whatsoever on it. no honda stickers, no cbr1000rr, no gray tribal stripes, no rim decals on the wheels, and it had the silver rear-sets. personally this is exactly what i wanted. apparently, that is also exactly what the mechanic who set the bike up wanted to and he intentionally left all the "extras" off.
...this all mattered very little because after three glorious weeks in which i put 2400 miles on the bike, an asshole did an illegal u-turn in front of me in san francisco and after a 12o'clock endo to avoid him, i smashed into him and totalled the bike. i was basically ok and the accident was deemed completely his fault so...
after a bunch of insurance bullshit, and some time in the shop the bike is back. it has graphite colored fairings on it now and all the aftermarket parts that i want for now. in the end it cost me half of what it cost off the floor.
maybe some pics soon...

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry to be negative but "the mechanic wanted silver pegs over black". what color is your shift linkage?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts