Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the forum and maybe a new cbr1000rr owner. Local dealership has a 2009 Repsol Edition for 6995$ Bike only has a little over 3500 miles on it! The price obviously is really good and it is immaculate. It is a “real” Repsol and not “fake”. I am new to sportbikes, but not to riding. I’ve been a Harley rider for 10 years. My questions are, issues with that model year, recalls, cost of service at dealer and the intervals. Harley’s are every 5000 miles with the cost going up quite a bit with every interval. Bike is all stock, not the abs model.
Thank you. Go Noles

·
Registered
173 Posts
Aloha, my boy has that model bike. I have the regular 2008 cbr1000rr. The 08/2011 models, the engines burn hot, which if you don’t check your motor oil level, it can seize your motor if it is low. I owned a Harley and the cbr is much less maintenance. Unless you are a fan of the Repsol model, you can get a regular model for cbr1000rr for less money. I picked up my last 08 for $3200 with 16k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was only the 08 models that were burning oil?. Thought that issue was fixed by 09. Am I incorrect?
Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought it was only the 08 models that were burning oil?. Thought that issue was fixed by 09. Am I incorrect?
Thanks
That was my belief too, that it was only '08 models, although the 2008 - 2011 were essentially the same bike. I had a 2011 for 20,000 miles without issues.

Agree with @aboogie973 that the price seems a tad dear, despite the low miles. I believe the dealer will have plenty of room to play with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I thought price was pretty good going by Nada and Bluebook. What are you thinking I should be at?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks
I have a few friends with 08/2011 and all of them had the same issues. 2012 is when it was corrected. I initially changed my motor out to a 2012.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ok. I thought price was pretty good going by Nada and Bluebook. What are you thinking I should be at?
Usually, it comes down to how bad you want the bike. We are in 2020 and the bike is 11 years old. I would shop around to see what people are listing and/or selling that edition for. This way you can gauge your offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts