Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
It only 'looks' small compared to other liter bikes...

FWIW, I compared the actual measured dimensions of the currently available RSV4, R1, CBR1000RR, GSXR 1000 and Z10 as measured by RRW.

In terms of: wheelbase, seat height, foot peg height, handle bar height, steering stem to seat center, etc.... the RSV4 was not the smallest in any individual category.

Although it does look small, due to that tiny tail section, the reality is the RSV4 has the same general level of available rider room as any other liter-sized sport bike being sold today...

Additionally, Miguel Galuzzi - the RSV4’s designer, is himself 6' 6" and made a point of designing the bike so that he could comfortably ride it (wouldn't any of us do the same?). Perhaps that partially explains why the RSV4's seat height is the tallest of the liter bikes.

Seat heights (as measured by RRW):
Honda CBR 1000RR 32.6"
Kawasaki ZX-10R 31.6"
Suzuki GSX-R1000 31.9"
Yamaha R1 32.9"
Aprilia RSV4 33.3"

·
fast asthe speed of crash
238 Posts
I ride with a good number of exotic bikes, s1000, rsv4and of course the duc's from 996 to 1198 i like the looks of the rsv nice and nimble looking and it does feel lighter at low speeds compared to our cbr but i found some funny quirks on the track i didn't much care for. out of all these bikes with a little work the cbr is my favorite the second would be a 1198 the twin grunt but not the r or s or sp just the normal model without all that stupid electronics that take the rider out of riding

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's a sexy bike. I didn't get the chance to do more than sit on it, but I thought it was more comfortable than the 1000rr. I stand at 6'3"

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's a sexy bike. I didn't get the chance to do more than sit on it, but I thought it was more comfortable than the 1000rr. I stand at 6'3"
motorcycle life gets tough when you're tall.:sad010: Luckily I am the perfect size -5'10"- for the world of motorcycles. I don't know how Pedrosa reaches the pedals...but he sure as hell does

·
Woof
1,067 Posts
Very interesting read. This bike looks real small, like R6 smallish, but looks great with some decent cans on.

FWIW, I compared the actual measured dimensions of the currently available RSV4, R1, CBR1000RR, GSXR 1000 and Z10 as measured by RRW.

In terms of: wheelbase, seat height, foot peg height, handle bar height, steering stem to seat center, etc.... the RSV4 was not the smallest in any individual category.

Although it does look small, due to that tiny tail section, the reality is the RSV4 has the same general level of available rider room as any other liter-sized sport bike being sold today...

Additionally, Miguel Galuzzi - the RSV4’s designer, is himself 6' 6" and made a point of designing the bike so that he could comfortably ride it (wouldn't any of us do the same?). Perhaps that partially explains why the RSV4's seat height is the tallest of the liter bikes.

Seat heights (as measured by RRW):
Honda CBR 1000RR 32.6"
Kawasaki ZX-10R 31.6"
Suzuki GSX-R1000 31.9"
Yamaha R1 32.9"
Aprilia RSV4 33.3"

·
Registered
223 Posts
I want one. Being honest with myself, I don't think I would need the Factory, I would be fine with an "R". It's the "want" that kills my bank account every time. LOL

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
Actually as tiny as it is, it has lots of room. I know thats what the magazines say but i met a guy at the track that was easily 6'2" and i asked him if its true, or if he feels cramped, and he says it feels perfect. small and nimble without being uncomfortably small.
im 5'10" and sat on one and it feels perfect. instant love. i refuse to test ride one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually as tiny as it is, it has lots of room. I know thats what the magazines say but i met a guy at the track that was easily 6'2" and i asked him if its true, or if he feels cramped, and he says it feels perfect. small and nimble without being uncomfortably small.
im 5'10" and sat on one and it feels perfect. instant love. i refuse to test ride one.
+1. I just picked one up yesterday. I'm 6'1" and it's very roomy, not nearly as small as it's made out to be. In fact the clip-ons are wider than my 1krr, making it feel roomier. The seating position is definitely higher though. Aside from that it is very comfortable bike to ride. My only complaint is it is the hottest bike I have ever ridden. Sitting at a stoplight it literally feels like you baking your suds on a frying pan. But that's what to expect when you have such a compact V4 smooshed together in a tiny frame.

I am absolutely in love with her. Words cannot convey how amazing the ride is. I highly recommend it.

·
Ex-Everything
6,153 Posts
I'm 6'1" and mine fits me perfectly. I can ride this thing all day. Looks pretty damn good too.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts