Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as much as I wanted to see a brand new 1000RR for 2010, it appears it's receiving just a slight makeover. Minor engine changes, new exhaust cover, new license plate bracket. Colors are pearl orange/silver, red/black. C-abs returns in metallic black.:th_down:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Any pictures of the new cosmetic changes and any word on what the minor engine changes are?

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
wow honda dropped the ball on this one....more like an interception returned for a touchdown

i guess they dont care much about their market share of sportbikes

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
honda = fail

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far Honda have given us TBD as far as when and how much. These potentially could be late arrivals as Honda has leftover models in the warehouse at this time. I'll keep you guys posted.:cool:

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
Well as much as I wanted to see a brand new 1000RR for 2010 ... :th_down:
wow honda dropped the ball on this one....more like an interception returned for a touchdown

i guess they dont care much about their market share of sportbikes

honda = fail

As much as you guys might have wanted an all new bike you can't really be surprised as this just follows the pattern. It also gives Honda another two years to perfect their 1000cc V4 supersport. :laugh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I was hoping for a V4 for 2010. In reality though the current CBR is arguably the best 1000 out today. With nothing but BNG coming from Yamaha and Suzuki this year, they probably didn't think they needed a totally new bike. Also with the rumored VFR1200 coming the writing was on the wall. Honda rarely brings out two new sportbikes in the same year.:cool:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Why? Their bikes go through four year model changes. The 2008 just came out and if you haven't noticed, the 2008/9 is an awesome bike and still dominates the liter bike market in almost every performance category. That being said, the next major change ain't going to happen until 2012.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually Suzuki started the 2 year redesign trend in 05. They and Yamaha are on the same page as there bikes were new last year. Technically Honda and Kawasaki should have a new bike out for 2010. Not sure what Kaw has up their sleeves but I hear there waiting till 2011 for the new ZX10R. I'm pretty sure economic concerns have the manufacturers sitting tight with high inventory levels creating headaches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honda East Toledo, I see your website stated lifetime engine warranty for the 08. Is that related to the concern folks have with oil burning? Is this the Honda in general or just from Honda East Toledo? Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ I'm not sure what your seeing as far as the warranty thing goes. It has the same as almost all Honda's have, 12 months, unlimited mileage. As far as the oil burning issue...it's amazing how the internet can turn an isolated instance or two, into a full blown defect. As far as I know there isn't even as much as a service bulletin from Honda regarding oil burning. Regarding that thing you saw, please let me know where you saw this as our website was completely redone this week. I know there have been a couple of issues with it so far.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts