Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 flapper mod not exhaust one.
Hey everybody first of thanks been reading on here and alot alot of great and helpful things!!! So here is my ? can u do the flapper mod on the 2012 does not look like the pic from the site looks like u can see hose on the 12 there is nothing there? Do I need to remove gas tank? Thanks for all help

·
Registered
669 Posts
You need to remove the fairings to get rid of all the. Vacuum lines and remove the flaps from the intake tubes. Or you can try to do it while it's together and just disconnect the vacuum lines but it's better to remove it all. Need to Take the mids and upper off to do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks was thinks that? the one on here is for a 08 are older I think and it sits behind radiator so u can reach it but they must of move that gold piece with the hoses.Thanks again

·
Registered
839 Posts
You need to remove the fairings to get rid of all the. Vacuum lines and remove the flaps from the intake tubes. Or you can try to do it while it's together and just disconnect the vacuum lines but it's better to remove it all. Need to Take the mids and upper off to do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Is it worth the trouble? I just got my 12' and see that it is completely different from the 08'. I can't seem to find any pics online or vids showing how to do this on the 12'-13's.
Anyone have a link that shows how or what to remove? Again it looks different than the 08-11 bikes.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Is it worth the trouble? I just got my 12' and see that it is completely different from the 08'. I can't seem to find any pics online or vids showing how to do this on the 12'-13's.
Anyone have a link that shows how or what to remove? Again it looks different than the 08-11 bikes.
Is say only do it if the bike is apart... If not wait till it is. You won't notice anything otherwise.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
157 Posts
i did this to mine. wasnt to big of a deal. i removed the system and installed smog block offs. only took about an hour.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i completely removed the whole system. flappers, servos, etc...

and unfortunately no pics. i never seem to take any of any of the work i do.

in fact, i think i only have one pic of my bike.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
The Tokolosie
790 Posts
Thanks for the pics and please excuse the stupid ?'s. So those are the ram air intakes and once you remove all the unnecessary hardware you have to plug up some holes? What does RTV stand for?
RTV is room temperature vulcanizing silicone, commonly used for gaskets.

Yes ram air tubes with everything removed. Stuck large screw driver in hinge of flapper and hit it. My pair removal and intake flapper mod took 2 lbs off. I'm guessing if I would have use block off plates instead of just capping, it would be more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
I bought a 98-cent Homer Bucket lid from Home Depot and cut two circles out of the black plastic. I sanded the edges so that everything looked nice and smooth and attached them to the holes with Super Glue. The black plastic matches the OEM pretty well and it looks like it came that way from the factory. I know they don't show when the fairings are on but I like to do things neatly.

·
Old Jedi Canyon Blaster
34 Posts
Other then the weight savings and the generally pleasing concept of having less crud under the smooth sexy exterior, is there a reason to do this?

Does it HURT low end performance?
Does it make the bike stumble or not accelerate as smooth when just riding the street?

Thanks for the qualitative input.
TT

·
#Vietnam
89 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread, figured I would bring this one back to life.

Once everything is removed off the intake tubes (solenoid, hose and small black secondary tube), is there anything else that needs to be removed? Control unit or relay that these plug into?

Also, besides the intake tubes being plugged up, is there anything else that needs to be plugged up or blocked off?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts