Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempting to replace the clutch on a 2013, I had removed everything except the outer clutch basket and installed new plates and pads. However, when I put everything back together the center nut wasn't as far in as it was before with little thread showing. So, I removed all the pads and plates but now I'm unable to remove the clutch center; it just won't come off the shaft thread even with a slide hammer.
Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply! All still concentric, the clutch basket and the clutch center turn fine and the clutch basket does move in and out (up until the point where there is a little part in the way on the left). During assembly, I had used an impact wrench but I'm not sure how that could have caused any issue? The clutch center does move out a little to the end of the shaft but no more....

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,098 Posts
The shaft is steel but the clutch center splines are aluminum. Worst case scenario you destroyed the splines on the clutch center.

I think the impact may have caused some mild deformation to the aluminum splines. If I were you I would use a gear puller on the center to try and salvage the shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts