Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title states, I have a 2013 1000rr. My bike has 40k miles and was abused by its one owner all the way until I bought it. I’ve went through the entire bike on a small budget over the last six months and done all of the regular maintenance. (Fluids, new brake pads front and back, air filter, new tires etc.) I’ve been riding for a couple of weeks and I’ve noticed the bike just isn’t 100% as far as electrical and now I’m thinking the motor might need a little work. Long story short I’m gathering items for a complete overhaul like I have brand new wiring harnesses, new clip ons, new brake lines and a whole mess of miscellaneous parts. As far as the engine goes, is there a general kit to replace things that get worn out with high mileage? I’m taking everything apart so if there’s anything I should look for or replace while it’s apart I would greatly appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in, but 40k miles on a Honda sportbike is not "high mileage". Maybe if it was "abused" as far as oil changes/overheating etc. There are a plethora of other issues that could be affecting the power output - plugs, injectors, fuel pump, battery, air filter, Power Commander, aftermarket exhaust... I would eliminate everything before a complete engine rebuild which might prove unnecessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. Is there any way to check my injectors to see if they’re working properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s first on my list for the tear down but no I haven’t. I suspect they’ve never been checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts