Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, long time listener, first post!!
I am hoping someone can advise me when replacing my clutch cable, exactly what the procedure is for this?
I have a service guide but it mentions nothing about clutch cable R&R.
I know I have to pull some of the fairings off, but can anyone share the full procedure please and hopefully it includes what I need to remove!
it appears to be somehow attached to a guide top of the radiator and it can't be gotten to w/o removing some plastic, but not 100% sure.
thanks In Advance for your advice..
(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Only thing I removed on my 20q5 was the right side fairing. The cable does route in a slot on top of the radiator but you can just push it through. Pretty straight forward really. Took me longer to adjust the cable than it did to install it

·
Can't Spell
338 Posts
It was a pain in the ass on mine. I tied some safety wire to the old cable before pulling it out, and attached it to the new cable to pull it back in. Still got stuck at one point. Otherwise its very strait forward.

·
Registered
990 Posts
It was a pain in the ass on mine. I tied some safety wire to the old cable before pulling it out, and attached it to the new cable to pull it back in. Still got stuck at one point. Otherwise its very strait forward.
Yeah it takes some fanagaling and taping/trying/attaching the new cable to the old cable from the bottom while pulling the cable out from the top by where it goes through the area on top of the radiator should definitely help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts