Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheer @Bevo, had one from Helm a few years back (954), cost a small fortune in Import/Export fees ,this one is half the price , so well worth it , have you seen one and if so do they measure up to Helm.
Cheers Cherub

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Cheer @Bevo, had one from Helm a few years back (954), cost a small fortune in Import/Export fees ,this one is half the price , so well worth it , have you seen one and if so do they measure up to Helm.
Cheers Cherub
It looks like it could be the same, but I've only seen the one sold by Helm. Does your owner's manual list a recommended seller for shop manuals?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your time @Bevo, look's like I'll go all in on the Service Shop Repair Manual, and again thank you for your time:thumbsup:
Cherub

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Thanks for your time @Bevo, look's like I'll go all in on the Service Shop Repair Manual, and again thank you for your time:thumbsup:
Cherub
I can't find anything in my shop manual regarding H.I.S.S. The HESD system (steering damper) is found in the index. I checked ignition system section and switches section and can't find H.I.S.S. Again, US bikes don't have it so maybe that's why it's not in my shop manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't find anything in my shop manual regarding H.I.S.S. The HESD system (steering damper) is found in the index. I checked ignition system section and switches section and can't find H.I.S.S. Again, US bikes don't have it so maybe that's why it's not in my shop manual.
Not a problem @Bevo, can work around that side of the wiring, I'm used to Hiss even though its a pain when it goes wrong, but a good device all the same:smile:
Cherub

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
You need the Euro spec Service Manual - Part # 62MKF00

HISS is in section 22.

https://www.google.com/search?q=62MKF00&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=-meUMbZSVTeMMM%3A%2CqaSO6x-K3GzlqM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRLgZn8nFgE7IH-Qc60kYE_Irl0QQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQk_WCmKXnAhUCH80KHaCWDAgQ9QEwBnoECAoQCQ#imgrc=-meUMbZSVTeMMM:

I wanted to add, from what I have read about the HISS system, diagnosis and error resolution, I would not want any motorcycle with such an immobilizer system.

The ECU looks to only support 4 keys and after 4 key are registered you need a new ECU and new keys - if I interpret the explanations correctly. It looks to be a horribly convoluted and complicated system. It looks like after a few years a HISS equipped SC77 model will be un-serviceable if new keys and new ECUs can no longer be purchased.

This is probably why Honda doesn't use the system in the US, it is pretty much a violation of fair repair and service capability regulations. Independent repair shops would not be able to deal with HISS based issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that @RC45, was looking at the wrong part number, ordered one from Fowlers UK. Cheers
Cherub

·
Registered
6 Posts
Manual

Cheers guy's came this morning>:)
Hi Cherub, would be most grateful if you could answer this question as it pertains to the manual. I currently have a 2012 C-ABS Fireblade and want to upgrade to a 2018 SP that my local dealer has. I want to do my own servicing, including a full brake bleed. The procedure on my current bike is very complicated and very costly if done by a dealer and was wondering if it is still as complex on the new model. I know they changed the ABS system on the 2017 up model but was wondering if this meant it made it easier. Apologies if this seems a bit cheeky, but I don't want to shell out the £45 until I know I'm going to get the bike, which I will only do if I can undertake this procedure myself. Thanks in advance and safe riding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Cherub, would be most grateful if you could answer this question as it pertains to the manual. I currently have a 2012 C-ABS Fireblade and want to upgrade to a 2018 SP that my local dealer has. I want to do my own servicing, including a full brake bleed. The procedure on my current bike is very complicated and very costly if done by a dealer and was wondering if it is still as complex on the new model. I know they changed the ABS system on the 2017 up model but was wondering if this meant it made it easier. Apologies if this seems a bit cheeky, but I don't want to shell out the £45 until I know I'm going to get the bike, which I will only do if I can undertake this procedure myself. Thanks in advance and safe riding.
Hi mate ,checked out the two years 2010 and 2018 no problem at all with the bleeding, the manual is well worth it ,got it from Fowlers UK took less than a week to come, yeh go for that 2018 as well(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mate ,checked out the two years 2010 and 2018 no problem at all with the bleeding, the manual is well worth it ,got it from Fowlers UK took less than a week to come, yeh go for that 2018 as well(y)
Thanks for the speedy reply Cherub, much appreciated (y)

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Just for reference, ask the service department at your dealership how much they charge for brake fluid replacement on the 2018 SP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just for reference, ask the service department at your dealership how much they charge for brake fluid replacement on the 2018 SP.
Hi Bevo, yeah, that was going to be my next step if I felt the deal was worth pursuing. They're a 90 minute ride from me so the next visit will hopefully involve some fruitful negotiations, though they're not exactly generous with their part-exchanges 😂. Thanks for the response and ride safe (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts