Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my Aprilia, you just do a slip on and a factory race map! Why doesn't Honda offer one too?!

I want to install a slip on and derestrict the engine from USA neutering. Do I need an ECU flash? Pair mod? Race air filter? Healtech or servo buddy? Anything else? Should I go full system to remove the catalytic converter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at the Toce Performance razor tip slip-on and they offer an ECU flash for a discount if you buy both at the same time. $829 on their website. Dyno chart shows nice gains and derestricts the bike. Just something to look at. I'll let you know if I purchase it!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
On my Aprilia, you just do a slip on and a factory race map! Why doesn't Honda offer one too?!

I want to install a slip on and derestrict the engine from USA neutering. Do I need an ECU flash? Pair mod? Race air filter? Healtech or servo buddy? Anything else? Should I go full system to remove the catalytic converter?
The single biggest performance gain is simply having the ETV table based restrictions removed - and then at the same time you may as well have the fueling optimized on the dyno.

The majority of the restriction on the US bike is in the Electronic Throttle Valve tables.

In short, the US bikes are capped at 73% throttle form 9500rpm to redline. You will never have full throttle on a stock bike until the ECU based restrictions are removed.

You don't even have to change anything else to get the full power the European bikes have.

Anything after that is a bonus and more money for more noise and more work :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The single biggest performance gain is simply having the ETV table based restrictions removed - and then at the same time you may as well have the fueling optimized on the dyno.

The majority of the restriction on the US bike is in the Electronic Throttle Valve tables.

In short, the US bikes are capped at 73% throttle form 9500rpm to redline. You will never have full throttle on a stock bike until the ECU based restrictions are removed.

You don't even have to change anything else to get the full power the European bikes have.

Anything after that is a bonus and more money for more noise and more work :)
With that in mind Slip on and Reflash or full system and reflash??

Being a newbie I also have to ask--recommendations for a vendor to do the reflash?

Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm very happy with the toce slip-on and their flash. I think a full Akra system with custom tune would be the best, but it just depends on how much $$$ you're willing to spend. My bike is just a street bike, I dont get track time

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm very happy with the toce slip-on and their flash. I think a full Akra system with custom tune would be the best, but it just depends on how much $$$ you're willing to spend. My bike is just a street bike, I dont get track time
They're working on a header design for the 17+'s with tunes to suit. Nice thing with Toce is you get free updates on their flashes. So when they drop maps for like velocity stacks for example, or header upgrades, the updated flash is always free. IDK if other companies offer the same. For the money it's a great buy imo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toce may be a company that is constantly working to improve their product but aesthetically not visually a very attractive system.
Have to give Yoshimura and Akrapovic 5 stars for their systems.
Appreciate the helpful comments to a newbie such as myself and the comments certainly are helpful.
THANKS

·
Registered
5 Posts

Idk I think these systems sound, and look bad ass. The craftsmanship of their product is great, they preform better than other household names (as proven beating yoshi on shootout vids). And they come with a lifetime warranty. Not to mention you’ll take your foot off in a lean before damaging the canister. To each their own!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand and am glad you like it.

Guess that's also why Honda and others make different bike models and colors.

Appreciate the helpful input.

·
MachineHead
341 Posts
I was looking at the Toce Performance razor tip slip-on and they offer an ECU flash for a discount if you buy both at the same time. $829 on their website. Dyno chart shows nice gains and derestricts the bike. Just something to look at. I'll let you know if I purchase it!
I'm wondering if the Cat were removed, how much more derestrict would result?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wondering if the Cat were removed, how much more derestrict would result?
Hopefully have the data for that from Toce soon. I'm sure there's info on it online somewhere however. I would think dropping the cat, and running longer downpipes and good merges would help on the top end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 257932
Idk I think these systems sound, and look bad ass. The craftsmanship of their product is great, they preform better than other household names (as proven beating yoshi on shootout vids). And they come with a lifetime warranty. Not to mention you’ll take your foot off in a lean before damaging the canister. To each their own!
Hydrox--I HAVE TO ADMIT not a bad looking system at all when installed--ESPECIALLY on the BLACK machine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts