Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
There's a long and detailed thread on how this will negatively impact the traction control and abs...but it's not like simply changing the sprocket will mean it'll completely malfunction. Remember, though; all the electronics are programmed to work within a certain spec of variables. If you introduce something that changes those variables outside of how it was designed, you invite behavior that is outside of spec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 17 cbr1000rr and I changed to 15/44. No issues.i have non abs model though.wicked tourqe but top speed is way lower,high 160's now vs 186 flashed and tuned with stock gear.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,084 Posts
I have 17 cbr1000rr and I changed to 15/44. No issues.i have non abs model though.wicked tourqe but top speed is way lower,high 160's now vs 186 flashed and tuned with stock gear.
I'm curious, what type of riding would you say you do most? I'm a twisty back roads fella, so top speed means nothing to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same,Twisties back rds.15/44 is a street slayer.sometimes a lil wreckless interstate riding with friends.but I can't keep up with the other 1ks after a bit on the straights now that I've done it.only thing that you have to watch out for is that the stock steering damper is garbage.even stock under hard acc it would speed wobble,and now because of the Xtra mmmmppphhhh,it will skip front tire if you really romp on it,and that can cause wobble if it doesn't decide to come up completely, actually coming all the way up seems safer so you can just ease off to put it down.its the in between that is sketch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same,Twisties back rds.15/44 is a street slayer.sometimes a lil wreckless interstate riding with friends.but I can't keep up with the other 1ks after a bit on the straights now that I've done it.only thing that you have to watch out for is that the stock steering damper is garbage.even stock under hard acc it would speed wobble,and now because of the Xtra mmmmppphhhh,it will skip front tire if you really romp on it,and that can cause wobble if it doesn't decide to come up completely, actually coming all the way up seems safer so you can just ease off to put it down.its the in between that is sketch.
From what I understand Honda used to use a elec damper and was awesome...I don't know what happened.i know the type they have now works like most,hydro fluid,or a type of oil.mine feels like factory might of missed the fluid part.lol.im going to replace with aftermarket eventually.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me I ride the back roads down here in South Carolina. More of a 0 to 100 guy so I much prefer torque over top speed. At 61 years of age now going any faster on public roads is too risky for my old bones but I must admit when I was young and dumb growing up in the streets of NYC I would outrun the cops on one wheel on my 1978 Yamaha YZ400E or on my 1970 Triumph chopper , Never wore a helmet.

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
86 Posts
Honestly when I first installed it on the stock pipes it was loud but now on the full titanium Akrapovic it is too loud.
The sound is amazing I ran all kind of after market exhaust's on different bikes but this one is my favorite and very light.

It gets the attention of the cops so I always ride with my radar detector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honestly when I first installed it on the stock pipes it was loud but now on the full titanium Akrapovic it is too loud.
The sound is amazing I ran all kind of after market exhaust's on different bikes but this one is my favorite and very light.

It gets the attention of the cops so I always ride with my radar detector.
I could not afford 1000 dollar headers.so I removed them and using a drill and paddle pit,I drilled and knocked cat out clean.bike is super light as is so keeping the stock headers was no biggie.ive used 2 diff go style slip ons with it and I like the way they look.but because of decat and exhaust servo gone,I think I need longer pipe to help with lack of back pressure.

·
Registered
590 Posts
From what I understand Honda used to use a elec damper and was awesome...I don't know what happened.i know the type they have now works like most,hydro fluid,or a type of oil.mine feels like factory might of missed the fluid part.lol.im going to replace with aftermarket eventually.
No these bikes still use an electric damper. I agree it does not provide adequate damping at times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No these bikes still use an electric damper. I agree it does not provide adequate damping at times.
Idk mine doesn't have any type of wire coming from it,looks manual.almost like the aftermarket gpr stabilizers just with the selector switch.ive seen Hondas electric one and that looks nothing like what's on mine.ill take the tank off tomorrow and take a pic for reference just to be sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Idk mine doesn't have any type of wire coming from it,looks manual.almost like the aftermarket gpr stabilizers just with the selector switch.ive seen Hondas electric one and that looks nothing like what's on mine.ill take the tank off tomorrow and take a pic for reference just to be sure.
Ok so it does,but is minimal and electronics are hidden under it,it's just not that great,although it may in fact have done it's job since I haven't had any real bad ones(tank slappers) I may not be realizing what could have been.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts