Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have any starting issues with their bikes with lithium batteries?
When mines cold its usually super sluggish and the dash goes off and on so I normally turn it off and on and then it starts up.
I honestly cant remember if it did that with the stock yuasa.

·
Registered
702 Posts
No issues with my 3 years old lithium, sometimes I start after 2-3 weeks without charged being plugged. Maybe you have something aftermarket installed that’s draining the battery when parked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues with my 3 years old lithium, sometimes I start after 2-3 weeks without charged being plugged. Maybe you have something aftermarket installed that’s draining the battery when parked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing I can think of that would drain power.
Only aftermarket parts are a yoshi exhaust and a radiator guard.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,026 Posts
I think it’s important to note there is a specific maintainer for the lithium battery as opposed to a regular trickle charger for a lead acid battery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve seen a few videos saying in cooler weather that lithium batteries need “warming up”.
Can’t say I’d ever heard that before, but next cooler morning I’ll turn the dash on and hit the brakes and wait a minute before starting and see if that makes any difference

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not to question your brain here, but are your battery terminals tight?

I had that same issue on my '18 (Yuasa battery) where it would be hard to start sometimes and the gauges would flash on and off. Turned out the screw holding the positive terminal had loosened itself and was barely hanging on...presumably from vibration. Once I tightened it down the issue disappeared.

Shaun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts