Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I've been lurking around this site as I was waiting to pounce on a 2017-19 SP1. I found one down in Pompano Beach Fl and they met my terms.
I go to pick it up on Saturday.
I am trading a 2015 Ninja 1000 in on the SP1. Ive been riding bikes all my life and this will be the nicest I've ever owned. Raced dirt bikes growing up in AZ. Then got a CBR 600F4i in 1998. was off street bikes for a spell and then found the ninja for cheap in Iowa and had it shipped to Orlando area. Got right back into it.

I hope to get a tune for the bike hearing there is some significant room for improvement.

Thanks for the add and thanks for the great content. I will be soaking it up!

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Hey everybody,
I've been lurking around this site as I was waiting to pounce on a 2017-19 SP1. I found one down in Pompano Beach Fl and they met my terms.
I am trading a 2015 Ninja 1000 in on the SP1. Ive been riding bikes all my life and this will be the nicest I've ever owned. Raced dirt bikes growing up in AZ. Then got a CBR 600F4i in 1998. was off street bikes for a spell and then found the ninja for cheap in Iowa and had it shipped to Orlando area. Got right back into it.

I hope to get a tune for the bike hearing there is some significant room for improvement.

Dave
Welcome.

Did you manage to snag a left over new 2018?

And yes - even keeping stock exhaust, just a tune and intake rubber restriction removal will make it a totally different bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey everybody,

Dave
Nice! Where in Pompano? Riva Motorsports? A used one?

Good job! There aren't many used SP's around in South Florida.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RC45, I did snag a 2018 leftover. I was shopping 4 dealers against each other. I had 2 bikes sold right after the dealer messaged me his quote and I was working the numbers.
I finally cold called a dealer and showed him what I was looking to spend for and he agreed.

I will be researching those mods immediately.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Topaz, yes Riva Motorsports. New stock. I imagine they got them from the one of the recent Honda auctions.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
RC45, I did snag a 2018 leftover. I was shopping 4 dealers against each other. I had 2 bikes sold right after the dealer messaged me his quote and I was working the numbers.
I finally cold called a dealer and showed him what I was looking to spend for and he agreed.

I will be researching those mods immediately.

Thanks for the info!
Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here it is! Just got home. Had a great experience with Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Fl. The salesman Anthony was awesome. Everything was exactly as we talked on email.
Paperwork was ready, price was as stated, and I just had to wait on them to go over my trade in. I test rode the bike and then they loaded it up for me and I was off!
Man this thing is skinny and light. I just came off a 530# -ish ninja 1000. I feel like I'm just perched on top of a tiny bike that screams.
Now come the mods!
I'm not going crazy, but definitely a flash and the intake mod with the pair delete.

I'm stoked!

IMG_0831.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts