Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to doing my own upgrades on a bike, recently had a 2009 600rr that had alot done to it and finally pulled the trigger on a bigger bike within the last couple of months because " I wanted more" lol.
Currently looking at an exhaust but I cant justify paying 400-800$ for a slip on and not knowing what size mid-pipe to get and if it would fit any specific slip-on and so on.
I want to know which system would be best performance wise and also other steps needed to do after an exhaust install. Like I said I am pretty new to all of this but want to learn as much as I can for future as well.
Any information would be greatly appreciated and I thank everybody in advance for any information or tips and tricks!

Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just installed a slip-on SC Project CR-T on my SP '19
It sounds amazing and it looks great.
Not sure about performance, I still need to flash the ECU.
But I definitively shed a lot of weight from the stock exhaust.
Very happy with it.

·
Vendor
3,431 Posts
Hi there, new to doing my own upgrades on a bike, recently had a 2009 600rr that had alot done to it and finally pulled the trigger on a bigger bike within the last couple of months because " I wanted more" lol.
Currently looking at an exhaust but I cant justify paying 400-800$ for a slip on and not knowing what size mid-pipe to get and if it would fit any specific slip-on and so on.
I want to know which system would be best performance wise and also other steps needed to do after an exhaust install. Like I said I am pretty new to all of this but want to learn as much as I can for future as well.
Any information would be greatly appreciated and I thank everybody in advance for any information or tips and tricks!

Thank you!
On a stock 2017+ SC77, the stock exhaust is extremely efficient and as such any slip-on will do the same for performance - regardless of what any manufacturer claims - and that is absolutely nothing until the ECU is tuned.

So that is good news - pick the slip-on that you like the most. Be it sound or looks or price that draws you to a particular slip-on, just do it!
All the slip-ons will result in the same gains after the ECU is tuned.

Physically the 2017+ stock muffler is a complete unit that includes the mid-pipe and detaches from the headers just after the catalytic converter. So any slip-on you buy will include the curved mid-pipe either as a bolt on piece that the muffler attaches to or as one single unit. There should be no separate mid-pipe purchase needed if the exhaust is really 2017+ compatible.

The stock 2017+ exhaust also includes an exhaust valve that adjusts fro fully closed at idle to fully open by 5000rpm and will be removed when you install the slip-on. You will need to either purchase a servo buddy to fool the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve servo is still present, or leave the servo plugged in after you remove the exhaust and valve setup or get the ECU flashed to ignore the missing exhaust servo.

As for actual performance gains, these will come from your ECU being tuned. The 2017+ US SC77 CBR is severely restricted in stock form and is down 20hp compared to its European counter parts.

The only way to recover this missing power is to have the ECU flashed to a better performance spec. This ECU flash should also take care of the the now missing exhaust servo.

KCS ECU Flash Options

Videos of Various Slip-Ons with tuned ECU

As for a full exhaust system? Take your pick, they are all good - but again only of value with an ECU flash. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a stock 2017+ SC77, the stock exhaust is extremely efficient and as such any slip-on will do the same for performance - regardless of what any manufacturer claims - and that is absolutely nothing until the ECU is tuned.

So that is good news - pick the slip-on that you like the most. Be it sound or looks or price that draws you to a particular slip-on, just do it!
All the slip-ons will result in the same gains after the ECU is tuned.

Physically the 2017+ stock muffler is a complete unit that includes the mid-pipe and detaches from the headers just after the catalytic converter. So any slip-on you buy will include the curved mid-pipe either as a bolt on piece that the muffler attaches to or as one single unit. There should be no separate mid-pipe purchase needed if the exhaust is really 2017+ compatible.

The stock 2017+ exhaust also includes an exhaust valve that adjusts fro fully closed at idle to fully open by 5000rpm and will be removed when you install the slip-on. You will need to either purchase a servo buddy to fool the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve servo is still present, or leave the servo plugged in after you remove the exhaust and valve setup or get the ECU flashed to ignore the missing exhaust servo.

As for actual performance gains, these will come from your ECU being tuned. The 2017+ US SC77 CBR is severely restricted in stock form and is down 20hp compared to its European counter parts.

The only way to recover this missing power is to have the ECU flashed to a better performance spec. This ECU flash should also take care of the the now missing exhaust servo.

KCS ECU Flash Options

Videos of Various Slip-Ons with tuned ECU

As for a full exhaust system? Take your pick, they are all good - but again only of value with an ECU flash. (y)
Pretty sure that answered pretty much everything! I appreciate it so much! Thank you!

I just installed a slip-on SC Project CR-T on my SP '19
It sounds amazing and it looks great.
Not sure about performance, I still need to flash the ECU.
But I definitively shed a lot of weight from the stock exhaust.
Very happy with it.
Awesome, good to know! i was acutally between the SC and an Austin Racing. Its hard to find decent videos for sound.

Pretty sure that answered pretty much everything! I appreciate it so much! Thank you!
Also what are the diameters of enter and exit pipes?

·
Registered
327 Posts
You forgot to mention how honda decided to integrate the catalyst into the header pipe making it necessary to replace the header if a simple de cat was wanted. 👎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts