Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the stock spring rate is for the stock TTX EC shock that comes on a 2019 SP? (presumably will be the same for 2017-2019)

Thanks,

John.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping someone would know so I could get the right spring before having to pull it all apart :)

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
I’m sorry John, no idea. Any chance you could contact Honda or Ohlins for an answer?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was hoping someone would know so I could get the right spring before having to pull it all apart :)
The spring rate for the stock electronic Ohlins TTX suspension is 110 N/mm from the code printed on the spring. It's a heavier spring since the bike has to be able to fit 2 passengers.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
I thought the SP was bicycle built for one?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought the SP was bicycle built for one?
That was my understanding as well, I wonder if they have a different spring back there...105 N maybe...I am going to try and find the number printed on mine, last time I looked it was not visible but I was probably not trying hard enough..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was my understanding as well, I wonder if they have a different spring back there...105 N maybe...I am going to try and find the number printed on mine, last time I looked it was not visible but I was probably not trying hard enough..
I was going to guess at 100nm based on my own weight and the amount of preload I need to get the correct rider sag, but would really like to know so I can order the correct spring. It's not visible on the bike at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts