Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

641 - 660 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm still waiting on delivery date. In a couple weeks I'll check in with the dealership. "September" was the last update and it's getting close.

Unfortunately, it's extremely unlikely I'll be able to go to the USA to take delivery. I've been trapped in a country outside of the one I work/live . . .
Trying to work out where you live :unsure: . The on screen flag shows Italy, but I'm assuming you work a lot in USA. But where will you be riding? This raises my question, why would you not buy a Euro bike?

Thanks for the heads up on the seat cowl. It's back in the dealership now. They have just received a demo SP and I suspect the dud cowl will go on that.:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Trying to work out where you live :unsure: . The on screen flag shows Italy, but I'm assuming you work a lot in USA. But where will you be riding? This raises my question, why would you not buy a Euro bike?

Thanks for the heads up on the seat cowl. It's back in the dealership now. They have just received a demo SP and I suspect the dud cowl will go on that.:D
USA is my home country, Kuwait is where I work and my family is, Jordan is where I'm trapped, Italy is where my Jordan connection sometimes appears to be originating due to how it's routed.

Was that seat cowl in the photo the one that matched better than the previous one? Because it still doesn't match!

·
Registered
729 Posts
USA is my home country . . .
Ah, thanks for the domestic clarification! Explains why you're buying in USA.:ROFLMAO:

Two of my bikes have an affinity with Kuwait. My 929 Erions were originally shipped there to Honda Kuwait back in April 2001.

The pic is the 'bad' cowl. Since I'm not a photo hog :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I didn't post up another.

PS You have the old Star Spangled on screen this minute.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ah, thanks for the domestic clarification! Explains why you're buying in USA.:ROFLMAO:

Two of my bikes have an affinity with Kuwait. My 929 Erions were originally shipped there to Honda Kuwait back in April 2001.

The pic is the 'bad' cowl. Since I'm not a photo hog :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I didn't post up another.

PS You have the old Star Spangled on screen this minute.
Yup, now I'm accessing the site from a virtual workstation hosted in the US due to work web filters, heh.

Those Erions look great! Did Honda Kuwait want them to resell, or what? Bikes aren't too common in Kuwait. Too hot, bad roads, insane drivers. I wouldn't dare ride there...

Glad that was a pic of the bad cowl, because it looked bad. I guess the cowl is another part I'll have to order from overseas.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Those Erions look great! Did Honda Kuwait want them to resell, or what? Bikes aren't too common in Kuwait. Too hot, bad roads, insane drivers. I wouldn't dare ride there...
Honda Japan supplied me some history, but not enough to determine the reason for Kuwait to have the bikes. I guess we could speculate over a rich Shiekh purchased bikes for his sons, or whether USA personnel of the then USA military bases might have expressed interest in them. What I do know is that they were both first registered in UK in March and April 2002. On that basis, because these bikes were never officially destined for UK sales it has been suggested that an entrepreneurial dealer might have imported them 'under the table'.:)

Restoring the thread to RR-R, surely American Honda will list the same accessory brochure as the UK/Euro one?

If not, I'm sure dealers won't mind overseas shipping. Fortunately they weigh next to nothing so cost won't be high.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Interesting about those bikes. There are, as you'd imagine, a lot of wealthy people in Kuwait. Wouldn't be surprised if they're in someone's collection.

I've asked my dealer about accessories. The Honda USA doesn't list any. Dealership is unaware of any. I've given the sales manager the part numbers for the accessories I want, he said he'd check with the parts department, and I haven't heard back. I'll ping him again once he gives a delivery date. Thanks for the brochure.

·
Registered
729 Posts
why 2 Erions? So they wouldn't get lonely?
We can't have too much of a good thing!!:p

They're much scarcer here than in USA. I like quality bikes that are just a bit different. Sure, I know the Erions are just an ordinary 929 with decals, but they do hold a strong place in Honda's history - hence my interest.

·
a d m i n
151,058 Posts
We can't have too much of a good thing!!:p

They're much scarcer here than in USA. I like quality bikes that are just a bit different. Sure, I know the Erions are just an ordinary 929 with decals, but they do hold a strong place in Honda's history - hence my interest.
Best color scheme for the 929 without question.
I vaguely remember someone saying they made 500 of them? Is that world wide or just 500 for the USA? This is my brain going back near 20 years.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Best color scheme for the 929 without question.
I vaguely remember someone saying they made 500 of them? Is that world wide or just 500 for the USA? This is my brain going back near 20 years.
I don't think there is a definitive production count known by anyone outside Honda. Just recently, Honda Japan provided this very vague information:
'About total production number, we are very sorry but we can not provide that information to you, but for your reference, Racing livery is less than 10% of total production unit.'

I estimate it to be far less than 10% because we are talking hundreds of thousands of total 929s :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for posting. I like their videos and the intros always deliver.

The BMW would be the most practical and responsible way for me to spend my money on a bike. I'm more excited about risking points on my license to ride the Honda. I was surprised about their remarks on the Ducati. Will have to check one out someday.

·
Registered
729 Posts
. . . I'm more excited about risking points on my license to ride the Honda. . .
In that case you won't be disappointed!!:ROFLMAO:

It's just so easy to wind up. I go out telling myself that it'll be a leisurely 'well-behaved' ride, but before even a couple of miles (once the bike's warmed up) I'm venturing towards mature stupidity!!:eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
44Teeth give their impressions of the new Fireblade on the street, at the 36m50s mark:

Track impressions to follow in a separate video.

641 - 660 of 689 Posts