Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
GO FAST DON'T DIE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a call form the dealership that my bike that was scheduled to be released in JUNE is now coming in September. anyone else that has a deposit thats confirmed and has an allocation hear of this? and if there is anyone out there with one confirmed that they don't want to pick up or are giving up that spot for the delivery in JUNE, please let me know. I want to hopefully get one and ride this summer. Thanks in advance to all who respond...

·
Ghostrider
326 Posts
Athe moment there is a delivery stop (even in europe) nothing to do with corona , the bike are all recalled
lucky me , mine is here since looong time.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Athe moment there is a delivery stop (even in europe) nothing to do with corona , the bike are all recalled . . .
Strange. There seemed to be no reports of any faults arising during the extensive Qatar press release week.o_O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was told Sep when I made a dealer visit a month ago to talk to the guy . he had talked to his honda rep. I placed my despite over the phone back in Dec .

I'm seeing more videos like this one poping up of race teams on IG and YT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last update I had from my dealer was 2-3 months ago when I made the deposit, and he had a July 17 date at the time. September? Oof. I'm going to see what he says.

Recall? For what?

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Strange. There seemed to be no reports of any faults arising during the extensive Qatar press release week.o_O
Another reason can be a last minute homologation change that Honda feels is cheaper to or has been directed by the FIM to incorporate into the sales fleet rather than release a v2.0 before they have sold any v1.0s.

Was told Sep when I made a dealer visit a month ago to talk to the guy . he had talked to his honda rep. I placed my despite over the phone back in Dec .

I'm seeing more videos like this one poping up of race teams on IG and YT
Seeing base models like that I still wonder why bother selling the SP as a marked up model with Olhlins ECS?

edit although on a second look we can see the Ohlins ECS error posting up so they have the SP with Showa shocks LOL - even more validation the Ohlins ECS are total waste for the SP model.

They are literally the first items to be tossed in the bin LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another reason can be a last minute homologation change that Honda feels is cheaper to or has been directed by the FIM to incorporate into the sales fleet rather than release a v2.0 before they have sold any v1.0s.

Seeing base models like that I still wonder why bother selling the SP as a marked up model with Olhlins ECS?

edit although on a second look we can see the Ohlins ECS error posting up so they have the SP with Showa shocks LOL - even more validation the Ohlins ECS are total waste for the SP model.

They are literally the first items to be tossed in the bin LOL
I don't think full race bikes use Electronic aid suspension. Bike parts are more customized /tailered to the rider . electronic suspension is good for the weekend track day or budget guy? Iv never been on a track but my SP is just for public road witch electronic suspension aid is ideal?

As far as I know the standard bike also does not have the same brembo brakes and a QS

I have not heard of any recalls.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
I don't think full race bikes use Electronic aid suspension. Bike parts are more customized /tailered to the rider . electronic suspension is good for the weekend track day or budget guy? Iv never been on a track but my SP is just for public road witch electronic suspension aid is ideal?

If have not heard of any recalls.
They don't - that's my point.
They have no reason to be on the homologated bike other than to bump the retail price to buyers. The Ohlins ECS is a huge compromise all around and still rather a gimmick in the grand scheme of things.
There is a logical reason for the Brembo master, calipers and rotors - (and in the case of the SC77 SP2 the wheels) as the FIM SuperStock rules as applied in BSB and TT/Roads Racing requires the bike be run with stock OEM wheels, calipers, master cylinder and fork legs. This is the reason the Ohlins cartridge only fits the ECS shell - but the rear shock may be changed. Swingarm and rear subframe must stay OEM.

Anyway, not wanting to get into the weeds of the FIM rules my point is that including the Ohlins ECS on the homologated model only pushes the price of racing the bike up for the privateer as they are paying the SP premium only to chuck the most expensive component in the bin (actually they would buy the Ohlins cartridge for $2500) but they are forced to run Ohlins suspension rather than of the OEM Showas were homologated then the team could use Katech, Ohlins, Showa or any other cartridge kit.

As for hearing about any recalls do not expect Honda America or US dealers to be honest with Triple-R SP buyers. They were not honest with SC77 SP and SP2 buyers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@RC45 do you know if the suspension stiffens up in the rear when accelerating and same with the front when braking ? The 2020 r1m jumped in price to 2.5k cheaper i think than the sp. The 2019 r1m uses the same ohlines set up as the 2021 sp I believe and cost around 22-24k? So it must be more than just the ohlines and brakes that make this bike so costly?

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
@RC45 do you know if the suspension stiffens up in the rear when accelerating and same with the front when braking ? The 2020 r1m jumped in price to 2.5k cheaper i think than the sp. The 2019 r1m uses the same ohlines set up as the 2021 sp I believe and cost around 22-24k? So it must be more than just the ohlines and brakes that make this bike so costly?
Yes, that ECS behavior is the same. All the OEMs use the same Ohlins ECS for the same generation of bike. The Ohlins ECS ECU in each OEM bike is the same. For all intents and purposes they are the same, Ohlins has made sure if this as it is their reputation on the line, not the OEMs.

The price of the Triple-R is this high simply because Honda have decided that's the price. From everythign seen so far it appears the only difference between the Triple-R SP and the base is the Ohlins ECS and Brembo front brakes. The differences between the SC77 SP and the SP2 was the cylinder head and the Marchesini wheels, yet Honda pegged the SP2 price $5,000 higher than the SP - and delayed our bikes by almost a year. The SP and SP2 used the same Ohlins ECS as the Ducati, Kawasaki and Yamaha of the same time period.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What about the Ti con rods? They looked to be the reason/Kawasaki’s main justification for their higher price for the 10RR a couple years back. I don’t recall seeing for certain that those are on the spec sheet of the non-SP.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
What about the Ti con rods? They looked to be the reason/Kawasaki’s main justification for their higher price for the 10RR a couple years back. I don’t recall seeing for certain that those are on the spec sheet of the non-SP.

The UK brochure implies what I have been told that the motors are the same. I think the tech specs would make a bigger deal if the -SP and Base motors were different spec.

@RC45 after you pointed that out in the video. I went back to look at some old ones and this bike has full base model stuff with SP fairings.
Thats the shitter this time round. There is no SP unique color scheme. The only sign is a small -SP on the nose.
You can get the basea nd the SP in both colors in the rest of the world.
American Honda is screwing us over again, which is why I turned down my Triple-R SP offer.

edit
I have had a chance to see the parts list and parts diagrams now.
It looks like the SC77 RR/SP/SP2 and the SC82 RR-R/SP have all been ECU homologated for Japanese SuperStock racing until 2024.

The good news is the SC82 engine appears to be using gaskets and not silicone goop, so it is eared towards quick maintenance.

The bad news is the bike is using a separate body control module ECU like the Goldwing does. So there is an ABS module, IMU, ECU and BCM. This may up the complexity of editing, altering or removing bits and pieces on the street bike.

On the bright side the oil cooler looks like a decent upgrade part to buy for older Fireblades..
Rear brake caliper is the RC213V-S part number. Funny when I tried to buy one in 2018 they wanted an RC213V VIN number. I guess that exclusivity is gone now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Cheers to you Paul for your in depth comments and detail on this. Obviously of great interest, and importance, to those of us who don't enjoy your 'resources'. (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I asked my dealer yesterday if he's heard of any delays and he said he hadn't. I told him I heard they were pushed back until September and he said he'll let me know if he hears something...

Since I'll primarily use my RRRRRR as a street bike, I'll probably keep the ECS. I do wish they had chosen other things to inflate the cost over the base model -- wheels, head, weight reduction, or anything else beneficial on a track. The paint scheme look great, and I'm also annoyed they couldn't at least make that exclusive to the SP...

SP is overpriced, but I'm a sucker.

·
Registered
940 Posts
On the bright side the oil cooler looks like a decent upgrade part to buy for older Fireblades..
Rear brake caliper is the RC213V-S part number.
Mind posting the part numbers and pricing for those of us without your secret access? All the parts sites I've looked at show no CBR1000-anything bikes, only the 600's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree, and likewise.

We pay a penalty for devotion!
I wouldn't say it's devotion for me . iv never ridden a 1000cc super Sport . only owned a sv650,cbr600rr, f4i600, 17 zx14r.

My research for looking for new bike had all models up for comparison.

Didn't want a gsxr becuase everyone under the sun had one. Crossed it out

S1000rr is nice but I guess just like the new US spec triple r , has tunning issues and a flat spot . crossed it out

I like the zx10r its looks, colors and price. I'm sure its next gen is going to look out of this world. but I'm buying new and want todays current technology and having electronic suspension would be a first for me. Crossed out

I love the aprilla RSV4 factory , but no rear seat. Crossed out

Ducati I sat on and hated it . r1m felt more relaxed than the ducati. Felt super stiff and unnatural from a stand still inside the dealership that is.

R1M the cbr's rival. I like the 2020 carbon look and its motor and style updates. It's 2.5$ less than triple r. But this r1m style has been on the road since 2015. I like the bike but its crossed out. but still an option as I do have a deposit on the triple but can put it towards any other bike. 80% on cbr 20%r1m.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts