Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
. . . R1M the cbr's rival. I like the 2020 carbon look and its motor and style updates. It's 2.5$ less than triple r. But this r1m style has been on the road since 2015. I like the bike but its crossed out. but still an option as I do have a deposit on the triple but can put it towards any other bike. 80% on cbr 20%r1m.
VERY interesting!

I was very close to doing a deal on a 2020 R1M, but chose to wait and see what Honda delivered at our November unveiling. If the bike would have been just another couple of stripes on the tank (a la 2019 spec) I would now be riding the Yam. However, on seeing the RR-R I was hooked.

I had also 'crossed out' the S1000R because of to much plastic and bulky (to me) appearance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@nigelrb
I haven't seen the rrr in person as I have the 2019 r1m. My dealer still has one as a left over. The r1 looked better in person , really can see the build quality x2 better and all the body work flow. Even the gsxr triton blue in person looked way better than video and photos can do . all I hear about the rrr is that it looks better than the photos and has a fat front end. So looking forward to the butter flys again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
. . . all I hear about the rrr is that it looks better than the photos and has a fat front end. . .
Not sure whether 'fat' is an apt description of the front end. The RR-R has a width (overall) of 745mm as compared with the 2017 - 19 bike's 720mm. Sure, the 'wings' might make it appear overly wide, but I feel it's aesthetically subtle.

Granted though, if compared with the R1M's 690mm the Honda is indeed obese!!:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
It does look wide from the front, but not in a bad way. I think Honda did a fantastic job integrating the wings. I hate how tacked-on they look on the Ducatis. Ducatis look like someone went to Autozone, bought some universal-fit wings, and attached them. With that said, I like their new streetfighter :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
One reviewer said the SP has a Lithium ion battery witch the base does not. Don't believe in the reading and days iv spent looking for videos , anyone mentioned that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
One reviewer said the SP has a Lithium ion battery witch the base does not. Don't believe in the reading and days iv spent looking for videos , anyone mentioned that.

I've seen it listed in more than one place, including on seemingly-official spec sheets. I think it has one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Guys. Just confirming that I've also been told Sept. by my dealer. That's the expectation I've had all along though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer emailed me today "Double checked with Honda and dates have not changed..." Wonder why he's saying something different but it worries me...

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dealer emailed me today "Double checked with Honda and dates have not changed..." Wonder why he's saying something different but it worries me...
When I talked in person to my sales men he said there was a January order and that honda wanted $1500. but they missed it. Thats my guess, or they were all called for even before honda posted that info. so he said September . this was in early March I went down there.

If the bikes show up early then that will be nice

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok when I put my deposit down it sounded like my dealer had already ordered it and was just waiting for someone to put down a deposit, which I was supposedly the first. Maybe that's the difference.

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
When I talked in person to my sales men he said there was a January order and that honda wanted $1500. but they missed it. Thats my guess, or they were all called for even before honda posted that info. so he said September . this was in early March I went down there.

If the bikes show up early then that will be nice
Guys a liar. Honda never wanted or asked for a deposit.
Dealers and salesmen are dishonest liars.
Honda has a $1000 fee they charge dealers for a cancelled order. That slimey sales jerk just wanted to squeeze $1500 from you without doing any work.
Everyone one of these salespeople you guys are dealing with are misrepresenting Honda at every turn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honda has a $1000 fee they charge dealers for a cancelled order. That slimey sales jerk just wanted to squeeze $1500 from you without doing any work.
Everyone one of these salespeople you guys are dealing with are misrepresenting Honda at every turn.
Yeah. I only have $500 down that I did over the phone in December. Dealer is about 40min away. Had him email my deposit receipt. Then in March for a surprise visit for an update to make sure they are actually getting the bike .

·
Registered
91 Posts
The first place I went asked for $1000, but they aren't one of the power dealers. I'm hoping they won't be sent one and I'll be able to get my money back...

The second place asked for $2500, but is a power dealer and I'm expecting to actually get one. The $2500 comes off the total so not really a loss.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The first place I went asked for $1000, but they aren't one of the power dealers.
What is a power dealer ? Deposits of any kind are refundable. Unless you signed a contract that states it? What are the dealers your dealing with? Mines with motorsport nation in CT.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What is a power dealer ? Deposits of any kind are refundable. Unless you signed a contract that states it? What are the dealers your dealing with? Mines with motorsport nation in CT.
From what I've gathered from this forum, only 50 are being shipped to the USA and only 47 being sold to the public. 40-something of the top dealerships were given the option to order one each. The rest of the dealerships will get the leftovers when they're reallocated later in the year.

Power seller/dealer might not be the exact term, but Honda's website allows you to search for them specifically. The closest one was 90 miles away and I put my deposit there.

The first place I put a deposit at was not a power seller, so was not guaranteed to get one. They requested a $1000 non-refundable deposit and provided no receipt or paperwork. I will be getting it back if they don't get one...

·
Premium Member
2,407 Posts
Mind posting the part numbers and pricing for those of us without your secret access? All the parts sites I've looked at show no CBR1000-anything bikes, only the 600's.
Pricing of the various parts is still not confirmed, other than existing parts such as the RC213V-S, misc bolts and other shared components.

Such as the battery, Triple-R base uses same Yuasa YTZ7S battery as the SC77 base bikes. Triple-R SP uses the 55A HY85S LION from the CRF450R compared to the 85A HY93 the SC77 SP/SP2 uses. So expect the SC82 Triple-R SP to have an even shorter battery life.

edit I might get me one of the HY85S batteries... 700grams compared to the 1050grams for the HY93... and its about 20mm smaller.
I know for sure my goto oil cooler upgrade will be the SC82 triangle chin cooler if the price is right and of course assuming the SC77 is upgraded with SuperBike vs SuperStock spec exhaust to clear the cooler below the radiator.

·
Registered
244 Posts
UK situation is, and I have this direct from Honda UK, is that that there's 'one shipment' (they wouldn't give numbers) already in Swindon (UK Head Office and warehouse) with another shipment 'at sea' waiting to dock.

This means little in the present climate, but it does assure those (or most of them) UK purchasers that delivery will be made shortly after lockdown ceases.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here you go, you have to select powerhouse dealer from the filter:

Again, only 40-something Powerhouse Dealers were given first dibs on these bikes. If your dealer isn't one of those, it'll only have a chance if the original allocation isn't spoken for.

Someone mentioned hearing the base model will come to the US at some point...definitely a better deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another review vid posted today . id normally be passing the time at the gym. Now I'm just looking at this bike every 3 hours like an addict.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Canadian reservations went down a bit different than US. After providing my dealer a deposit in Nov, Honda Canada created an online portal in late February to provide a $1000 deposit to them (NOT the dealer), with the prospective buyer selecting any dealer you want. I then got an email back, stating the MSRP, an order #, and text stating “anticipated delivery date in June 2020.
Haven’t checked in with my sales guy since then, too busy hitting up the parts guys for a neglected CBR600F3 I’m fiddling with...

21 - 40 of 90 Posts