Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
My SuperBike bars/seat/pegs are setup about as aggressive as the Triple-R and it is ok for track laps, but stop start riding that requires feet off pegs and then up in pegs and off again like when riding around paddock and to fueling depot etc are hell - I couldn’t imagine this setup in stop and go traffic.
Neck and wrists are ok, it’s the legs that cramp up lol ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My SuperBike bars/seat/pegs are setup about as aggressive as the Triple-R and it is ok for track laps, but stop start riding that requires feet off pegs and then up in pegs and off again like when riding around paddock and to fueling depot etc are hell - I couldn’t imagine this setup in stop and go traffic.
Neck and wrists are ok, it’s the legs that cramp up lol ?
That is one of my concerns since this will be primarily a street/commuter for me. I've made sacrifices for fun in the past, for example giving up AC in the south to fit a larger engine, but I already have lower back problems and may need to try to remove some of the aggressiveness of the bike...

The riding position is one big thing that makes streetfighters, like the new Duc V4, look quite appealing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sure you you can convert it any way you want . but I understand paying a premium for something and changing it. Were already in a hole with having to spend more money to get that extra HP the rest of the world gets.
That is one of my concerns since this will be primarily a street/commuter for me. I've made sacrifices for fun in the past, for example giving up AC in the south to fit a larger engine, but I already have lower back problems and may need to try to remove some of the aggressiveness of the bike...

The riding position is one big thing that makes streetfighters, like the new Duc V4, look quite appealing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, you could always spend your 'upgrade' money on migrating!!:D(y)
I'm not sure about another state, let alone another country. Id like to move to any place that does not have a winter. Only fear is I just turned 30 and only have had two jobs. Searching for employment and "change" is my biggest fear .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow. I understand completely. Whilst stability was once a key criteria for employers, it has for a while seemed to infer a lack of 'all-round' experience and street wiseness.

You're right. Keep your career, become close friends with @RC45, and get that new bike running spot on!!?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer said that my July 17 delivery date was confirmed with Honda.

I read there was a delay in Europe because of the recall and production stopped for two weeks, but that it won't impact US delivery.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
As mentioned a month or so ago, the recall is for conrods made from wet noodles... Honda better be ready with a lot of stories if any of the delivered motors let go.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
On the plus side, maybe they got around to finally hardening 3rd gear... but what if the nerfed US bikes all get the tofu conrods they replaced in the Euro bikes. :D

I might wait a while and get 40% depreciated Triple R in 2021.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On the plus side, maybe they got around to finally hardening 3rd gear... but what if the nerfed US bikes all get the tofu conrods they replaced in the Euro bikes. :D

I might wait a while and get 40% depreciated Triple R in 2021.
Ah I wasn't aware of the 3rd gear issues in the past, but yes I hope it's not an issue now.

Hoping it doesn't depreciate that fast, but if it does it's all good. Will be parked next to the S2K and CRX I never drive but will never sell.

Do occasionally wonder if I should have gone the Ducati route...

41 - 60 of 85 Posts