Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does this bike have a oil sightglass or dipstick. Just wondering I didn't notice a the bike show.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting. I have looked over close-ups of the bike and cannot see a sight glass. That's not to say that it's definitely going to be a dip stick check, but the accessories list in UK shows and alternative:

HRC Oil Filler Cap
Part number: 08F81-MKR-D10
Price: £35
Made out of high-quality, precision-cut aluminum, this red anodized filler cap displays on both sides a laser-etched HRC logo. The inside has been hollowed out to both increase strength and reduce weight. For circuit riding, the cap also features the same wire-lock hole used on HRC works machines.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Interesting. I have looked over close-ups of the bike and cannot see a sight glass. That's not to say that it's definitely going to be a dip stick check, but the accessories list in UK shows and alternative:

HRC Oil Filler Cap
Part number: 08F81-MKR-D10
Price: £35
Made out of high-quality, precision-cut aluminum, this red anodized filler cap displays on both sides a laser-etched HRC logo. The inside has been hollowed out to both increase strength and reduce weight. For circuit riding, the cap also features the same wire-lock hole used on HRC works machines.
So in the videos I've seen from Qatar, there's a red cap on the right side. That could be a combo oil cap/dip stick. I doubt it has a sight glass because it would be covered by the lower fairing which would make no sense.

You can see the HRC oil filler cap in this brochure/pdf and here on the HRC WSBK

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the above, @Bevo .

Now I can set about finding out who made the exhaust hangar for the WSB bike. Seems Honda is only supplying bike with pillion pegs. Guess I should start with Akrapovic since they made the carbon ones for the 2017 - 19 SPs.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Thanks for the above, @Bevo .

Now I can set about finding out who made the exhaust hangar for the WSB bike. Seems Honda is only supplying bike with pillion pegs. Guess I should start with Akrapovic since they made the carbon ones for the 2017 - 19 SPs.
I checked the Akrapovič website. I couldn't find any products for the 2020. Maybe they'll have some by the time you take delivery of the bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cheers. I emailed via their 'Contact Us' form immediately after my above post. Will update on here for those interested.

As already posted, Evotech UK is currently tooling for RR-R parts: Products
Are there pictures of their tail tidy anywhere? The site didn't have any last time I checked.

Gonna get the Aria HRC CBR Red helmet. Not sure where to find a jacket in the HRC scheme yet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are there pictures of their tail tidy anywhere? The site didn't have any last time I checked.

Gonna get the Aria HRC CBR Red helmet. Not sure where to find a jacket in the HRC scheme yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't mind a bit of colour co-ordination, but that 'HRC' suit and jacket are well 'out there'! Maybe only because it's new because the Repsol jackets and suits are also very vibrant, but I think we've come to accept them. Time will tell with these new Alpine Stars.

No, I haven't seen pics either. I think they won't show for a while because manufacturers such as Evotech and R & G etc, will have to get a loan bike or press bike to make templates. Be assured that because UK/Euro region is first, there will be plenty of goodies available by the time USA/Can gets the bikes. :)

With respect to my previous post re Akrapovic, they have replied to my email as follows:

'Your e-mail has been passed through to us as the UK importer and distributor for Akrapovic motorcycle exhausts.
I’m afraid the parts fitted to the World Superbike aren’t available to purchase however Akrapovic will be releasing their range for the 2020 bike shortly and although we don’t yet know exactly what will be available, I am very confident that they will be producing a carbon chassis bracket to remove the pillion footrests.
As soon as we know exactly what is available, we’ll be publishing the details to our website with prices.'

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for posting the accessories brochure.

I'd like to get the SP pack with all the carbon goodies - 8HME-MKR-SPRR

Who do you all recommend for getting factory parts shipped to 'Murica?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for posting the accessories brochure.

I'd like to get the SP pack with all the carbon goodies - 8HME-MKR-SPRR
Wow! That is one major added investment!! Some nice pieces included, but I actually prefer the painted airbox cover and belly pan. Each to their own, of course!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts