Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 604 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s true going to be released oct 23 Tokyo
Mc show it’s all over the net
Problems i see when it arrives it will be a nerfed 151 hp give or take ok so how long say it will take some to flash then test mule the bugs so maybe a year or two
Positives power similar to new bmw m series s10000rr

·
Registered
247 Posts
2020 will not be a CBR1000RR. But a new totally new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
Active aero - something else to break and/or add to the price tag when you drop it.

I like technology, but am glad I have a non-ABS, non-HISS, non-TC 2013 with plain old non-electronic Ohlins suspension.

I would, however, appreciate them throwing some tech at the headlights, they are abysmal.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Active aero - something else to break and/or add to the price tag when you drop it.

I like technology, but am glad I have a non-ABS, non-HISS, non-TC 2013 with plain old non-electronic Ohlins suspension.

I would, however, appreciate them throwing some tech at the headlights, they are abysmal.
Yes! Also, this is exactly why I put so much time into my headlights..

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I dont love the single intake in the middle. I do remember seeing an article that this was the direction they were going though. Taking off the plastics will really be a pain with all this stuff in there. Hopefully we can change the oil without removing everything.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
2020 will not be a CBR1000RR. But a new totally new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is whats really needed. And the homologated SuperStock/SuperBike bike needs to be different from the regular model like and cost the full 40,000 euros like the way Ducati did with the V4R.

The fact the V4 and the V4R have nothign in common has not slowed sales of the V4 and V4S at all. In fact having an 1100cc street V4 and a 999cc tuned homologated V4R means that Ducati did not have to cut corners on the homologated bike.

Honda just needs to make a 1200cc I4 or V4 for street sales and the 999cc V4 homologation bike and stop fucking around yeah?

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is whats really needed. And the homologated SuperStock/SuperBike bike needs to be different from the regular model like and cost the full 40,000 euros like the way Ducati did with the V4R.

The fact the V4 and the V4R have nothign in common has not slowed sales of the V4 and V4S at all. In fact having an 1100cc street V4 and a 999cc tuned homologated V4R means that Ducati did not have to cut corners on the homologated bike.

Honda just needs to make a 1200cc I4 or V4 for street sales and the 999cc V4 homologation bike and stop fucking around yeah?
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd only add that Honda are stupid for not having tapped into their legendary heritage (VFR750R RC30, RVF750 RC45, RVT1000R RC51). The RC213V-S, though a nice nod to their MotoGP program, was CLEARLY not what people were expecting. People have been waiting for a mass market successor to the RVF750 since the 90's!

Could this be WSBK deja vu? Ducati built the 916 to take advantage of the v twin 1000cc allowance in WSBK and then Honda wised up and decided to beat Ducati at their own game with the RC51. Maybe Honda really is going to make a V4 homologation special? Offering Alvaro Bautista double what Ducati was paying him (allegedly) sure seems like a sign of dedication, and would be a complete waste if the next machine was just more of the same.

Sadly, I suspect that if Honda has grown a set of balls and actually makes one, it will still be behind the Ducati V4R in performance showroom stock vs stock and will require uber expensive HRC kit parts to actually be competitive.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
For sure it would be hellish expensive to mod, but at least we know the price cap will be 40,000 euros. lol :grin2:>:)

If Honda did still have even have just one of the founders testicles, they would have followed the RC213V-S with an RVF version that cost $100,000 each to produce and sold it for a loss at the 40,000 euro cap like Ducati does with the V4R and crushed all comers - Ten Kate had been asking Honda to get serious for years. :stirpot::gay:

The problem may be Honda corporate pride - building a V4 is admitting their I4 is never going win against the V4 or even the Kawasaki I4.

Admitting defeat is not something I think they want to do and this must be really getting to Honda management lol

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,071 Posts
Has anyone found what these are expected to go for
A million billion dollars. Hahahaha (evil villain laugh). Prob crazy high like all the RC213V parts.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
If the 2020 is to be the homologation model then the bike can't retail for more than 40,000 euros. FIM rules.

I think the WSBK is still going to use the SC77 SP2 as the hmologation base for 2020.
They might wait for 2021 to drop a new homologation model.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The problem may be Honda corporate pride - building a V4 is admitting their I4 is never going win against the V4 or even the Kawasaki I4.

Admitting defeat is not something I think they want to do and this must be really getting to Honda management lol
If so, it's stupid corporate pride, because as I mentioned, Honda already has a history of switching from the I4 and going with the V2 in WSBK to beat Ducati. But the Japanese corporate mentality is different. So if it's about not going back on a decision and "admitting defeat", then why not actually build a more powerful I4 CBR instead of the minor upgraded SC77 we got? BMW and Suzuki make make more powerful I4 engines currently so obviously the possibility for a 220hp 1000cc I4 is there.

1 - 20 of 604 Posts