Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

561 - 580 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Who is suggesting they will never be supported? This is exactly what we did when the SP2 arrived. A couple 2 or 3 of us had purchased WRT and then our images went off to Woolich to be worked on. 3 weeks later we were flashing our ECUs.

As for being not big into gambling? You are gambling buy dropping $32k on the bike but skittish about a $400 addon LOL :)

With all this bellyaching maybe I should just try sell my TT podium BSB Fireblade and buy one of the US SC82 SPs to make sure tunign is supported LOL :unsure::)
Why does it seem to bother you so?

When I take delivery it will have been 3 years since I've last set foot in the USA. I will pick it up, ride it around for a week, prep it for storage and secure it. It may be just as long before I'm back in the country. Why am I going to spend $400 for something that there's a possibility, no matter how slim, won't be supported, and I won't be able to take advantage of for ??? months/years? Instead, I'll keep my money and buy one when I'm actually physically present to flash/enjoy the bike if there's a flash available.

As you seem to realize, $400 isn't going to break me. If I see that nobody here has provided a flash when I'm booking my flight to take delivery -- I'll get the tuner, send the flash, and put it somewhere to collect dust until I return.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Why does it seem to bother you so?

When I take delivery it will have been 3 years since I've last set foot in the USA. I will pick it up, ride it around for a week, prep it for storage and secure it. It may be just as long before I'm back in the country. Why am I going to spend $400 for something that there's a possibility, no matter how slim, won't be supported, and I won't be able to take advantage of for ??? months/years? Instead, I'll keep my money and buy one when I'm actually physically present to flash/enjoy the bike if there's a flash available.

As you seem to realize, $400 isn't going to break me. If I see that nobody here has provided a flash when I'm booking my flight to take delivery -- I'll get the tuner, send the flash, and put it somewhere to collect dust until I return.
Doesn't bother me. I am sure you have got it covered.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems that US is getting this 186hp RR-R SC82 vs 214hp Euro specs SC82 because of local emmision laws. 186hp is even worse than Euro SC77 189hp and folks have to pay high price for this shit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Assuming I buy it and the 47 sold in USA are never prioritized, what am I going to do with it then? I'm not big on gambling, no matter the amount.

It's likely someone getting this bike will be able to supply the image, anyway. If I find out otherwise after July 17th when mine delivers, I'll consider spending money on retrieving it.
I'd be very surprised if Woolich do not release a BIN file for the CBR1000RR-R, it is well worth the money and the tech support is 10/10 with my experience, believe me, I have contacted them enough over the course of my journey with the 17' Fireblade.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Woolich do not release a BIN file for the CBR1000RR-R, it is well worth the money and the tech support is 10/10 with my experience, believe me, I have contacted them enough over the course of my journey with the 17' Fireblade.
I've only heard positive things.

The day there's a flash available and I'm on my way stateside, I'll order!

·
Registered
41 Posts
. . . But the priority is based on return obviously- with only 40 to 50 US spec bikes . . .
Is this a definitive amount of bikes going to the USA?

I understand that the base model will not be available there, but to my knowledge, nothing has been reported about the bike being a 'limited edition'. My belief (possibly unfounded) is that the RR-R bikes are merely the next generation of Fireblades, ultimately replacing the 2019 model.

I will add that no talk of limited availability has come to me from my dealer, and I mention this as one who ordered the SP version back in November.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I understand that the base model will not be available there, but to my knowledge, nothing has been reported about the bike being a 'limited edition'. My belief (possibly unfounded) is that the RR-R bikes are merely the next generation of Fireblades, ultimately replacing the 2019 model.

I will add that no talk of limited availability has come to me from my dealer, and I mention this as one who ordered the SP version back in November.
According to Honda USA website, dealer info, and a lot of info in this thread - it appears that yes it's limited to 47 to be sold to the public.

My dealer made mention it was limited, but didn't detail how limited and that they were unlikely to get any.

·
Registered
41 Posts
According to Honda USA website, dealer info, and a lot of info in this thread - it appears that yes it's limited to 47 to be sold to the public.
Interesting. Just for the benefit of all, I'll make some further queries via my dealer and Honda UK about the UK position.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Supposedly only 20 coming to Australia

·
Registered
41 Posts
Supposedly only 20 coming to Australia
That's even more interesting. I say that because I'd imagine the Penrite ASB team would snap up a couple or a few (unless that were a separate deal). That still makes it a very premium bike when rationed between the states, say half a dozen each for NSW and VIC and the remaining few for the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Interesting. Just for the benefit of all, I'll make some further queries via my dealer and Honda UK about the UK position.
The SC82 RR-R SP looks to be globally rationed to somewhere between 500 and 1500 units, the SC82 RR-R base model is going to be the ‘mass produced’ variant, but the price alone is probably going to end up stunting global sales compared to previous Fireblade production numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Woolich are already working with the Australian RR-R ECU, the bigger question is regarding specific ECU BIN image support for the US RR-R SP ECU.

Each variant of the ECU requires specific work, it’s not like they are all the same - similar yes, but each and every part number specifically needs to be catered for.

As it is just the US SC77 models have ECUs label A21, A22, L02, L13, L21, L22, L72 among others. Each of those ECUs require separate work to prepare for flash BIN files.

Add to that all the actual bikes that sell well from Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki etc and you see how Woolich like any other business will prioritize resources around the money making products.

So while the SC82 itself will be supported, it boils down to when your variant of the ECU as installed gets support.

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts

Available to only a handful of lucky riders.
For 2020, the US is only getting the "2021 SP". The standard bike they're selling is the 2019 CBR1000RR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. So they're actually billing it as a 'limited edition' and it also appears that you (USA/Can) does not get the 'Moron' (Morion to be precise) black, which we have available in both base and SP models. From my communications, it seems the black is not very well favoured. Very plain looking.

I ordered the pillion seat cowl yesterday and was given a collection date of 20th March. That suits me fine - I'll just look at it for one month until the bikes are released here!:)

·
Hook 'em!
2,471 Posts
Thanks. So they're actually billing it as a 'limited edition' and it also appears that you (USA/Can) does not get the 'Moron' (Morion to be precise) black, which we have available in both base and SP models. From my communications, it seems the black is not very well favoured. Very plain looking.

I ordered the pillion seat cowl yesterday and was given a collection date of 20th March. That suits me fine - I'll just look at it for one month until the bikes are released here!:)
The only color offered in the US is Tri-color

·
Registered
45 Posts

Yeah. The black looks too plain and to be honest I think it looks terrible. So glad the USA is only getting tricolor, even though I tend to prefer "simpler" color schemes.

How/where did you order the cowl? I've asked both dealers I have a deposit with and neither are aware of any accessories. Other sites have shown accessories that I would like -- such as the carbon goodies.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Yeah. The black looks too plain and to be honest I think it looks terrible. So glad the USA is only getting tricolor, even though I tend to prefer "simpler" color schemes.

How/where did you order the cowl? I've asked both dealers I have a deposit with and neither are aware of any accessories. Other sites have shown accessories that I would like -- such as the carbon goodies.
Chances are you will need to order from an overseas dealer.

Understand, Honda does not care about US sport bike buyers - and offered no after sales accessory support for the last model.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chances are you will need to order from an overseas dealer.

Understand, Honda does not care about US sport bike buyers - and offered no after sales accessory support for the last model.
I believe you. I ordered some little goodies from UK for my 600 because the US didn't have them.

Is there a recommended site that would have this stuff and ship to the USA?

·
Registered
41 Posts
How/where did you order the cowl? I've asked both dealers I have a deposit with and neither are aware of any accessories.
From the UK Honda site: Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Bike Configurator

We have prices, carbon goodies, accessory packs, in fact a whole host of goodies that for some weird reason the USA does not list on your own site. Surely, your market is bigger than ours?

·
Registered
45 Posts
From the UK Honda site: Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Bike Configurator

We have prices, carbon goodies, accessory packs, in fact a whole host of goodies that for some weird reason the USA does not list on your own site. Surely, your market is bigger than ours?
Total numbers we're probably bigger, but per capita we're probably trailing UK. I think Honda has a bigger market share there, too. Whatever the case, you all get much more love from Honda. Maybe because motorcycle racing is less popular in the USA? (I think)

I'll try to order accessories from UK.

561 - 580 of 604 Posts