Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

581 - 600 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
From the UK Honda site: Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP Bike Configurator

We have prices, carbon goodies, accessory packs, in fact a whole host of goodies that for some weird reason the USA does not list on your own site. Surely, your market is bigger than ours?
I can't remember the exact numbers, but believe it or not, the North American bike market isn't as big as you'd think, and the UK is a disproportionately large market for them, particularly when it comes to sports machines (NA riders buy more Harleys and Goldwings).

·
Registered
106 Posts

We have prices, carbon goodies, accessory packs, in fact a whole host of goodies that for some weird reason the USA does not list on your own site. Surely, your market is bigger than ours?
I see UK Honda has the Quickshifter listed under performance accessories. You would think at the price point they are selling base and SP's it would be standard, geez my 2011 RSV4R even had one fitted as standard. Anyway, Australia I am told are only selling the SP's, no bases coming here. I'm going to wait a year on this model at least and see what happens, provides enough time to potentially iron out any problems, ECU flashing support etc. Besides, dropping $50k+ AUD for me at least is hard to justify. I'm happy with my '17 model, more than enough for me and my limited skill level lol.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
I see UK Honda has the Quickshifter listed under performance accessories. You would think at the price point they are selling base and SP's it would be standard, geez my 2011 RSV4R even had one fitted as standard. Anyway, Australia I am told are only selling the SP's, no bases coming here. I'm going to wait a year on this model at least and see what happens, provides enough time to potentially iron out any problems, ECU flashing support etc. Besides, dropping $50k+ AUD for me at least is hard to justify. I'm happy with my '17 model, more than enough for me and my limited skill level lol.
Since 2017 only the SP gets an OEM quickshifter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Since 2017 only the SP gets an OEM quickshifter.
Yes that's correct, however many other manufactures were doing it standard though pre-2017. We are now in 2020 and Honda is still trying it on. With the tech on offer for the RR-R even for the base, I would have thought Honda would have fitted the quickshifter as standard.

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
Yes that's correct, however many other manufactures were doing it standard though pre-2017. We are now in 2020 and Honda is still trying it on. With the tech on offer for the RR-R even for the base, I would have thought Honda would have fitted the quickshifter as standard.
I guess Honda feels they don't need to offer quick shifters as a standard feature on base models in order to sell motorcycles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Even for SP model at this high price and yet no forged wheels and comes with rubber brake hoses. Honda really knows how to make money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Even for SP model at this high price and yet no forged wheels and comes with rubber brake hoses. Honda really knows how to make money.
Fair point because we had forged wheels (Marchesinis) on the 2017 - 18 SP2 which was effectively the same price as the incoming SP.

My biggest gripe though is that this new SP is promoted thus: 'The CBR1000RR-R SP is not built with a road-rider’s needs in mind; the race-track is where it belongs.' [Ref: New 2020 Fireblade SP | Super Sport Motorcycles | Honda UK ]

On that basis, I object to buying a track-focused bike and HAVING to pay extra to remove pillion seat and replacing with cowl AND removing pillion pegs and replacing with a dedicated exhaust hangar. To me, it is totally contradictory of Honda to market a bike that belongs on the track as one to accommodate pillions. I believe the pillion seat and hangars should be the option and NOT the seat cowl etc.

Further, we all know that previous SP rear sub-frames were of a reduced weight to the standard. Is this new SP now carrying around EXTRA weight merely to support the very few pillions who will grace this bike? Again, will the 'track-focused' buyer will have to drop more money for a lighter rear sub frame?

·
GO FAST DON'T DIE
30 Posts
The HASLAM arai is really good and it’s colors were matched to RR-R uNintentionally but lid is striking in person....

·
Registered
108 Posts
The HASLAM arai is really good and it’s colors were matched to RR-R uNintentionally but lid is striking in person....
Just looked at it.

Not sure about those fish scales on the top. And he's copied Lorenzo with the 'devilised' number nine and the angel's halo above the one!

·
GO FAST DON'T DIE
30 Posts

I tried to order just to see what it would cost and it wouldnt let me order, just tells me the total price. Wondering how are we going to be able to order parts and accessories...

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I tried to order just to see what it would cost and it wouldnt let me order, just tells me the total price. Wondering how are we going to be able to order parts and accessories...
You are on your own.

Honda will not and is not interested in supporting or backing any sport bikes sold in the USA - this I learned the hard way in 2018 when the day after I took delivery of my SP2 and I called to speak to Honda Customer Service asking about technical and engineering support for the HRC parts I had bought, they threatened to black list me from any and all warranty support.

And remember, this was during a time when Honda was supposedly backing an AMA race effort.

Trust me - American Honda does not care and is only interested in the actual motorcycle sale to the dealer - they are not interested in interacting with or supporting the actual buyer.

Your best bet is to take what ever part number you have and try order it from Partzilla in the USA or Fowlers in the UK or Ten Kate in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good news from Woolich?

We have both USA and Europe ECU Files, and from a quick look I can see that the ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) in the USA files is being restricted. So it would be possible to copy the EU maps into the USA File, and flash that to your ECU, that would remove the ETV restriction for starters.
Sounds like I may be able to find that missing 30hp the day I take delivery.

·
Registered
108 Posts
. . . Sounds like I may be able to find that missing 30hp the day I take delivery.
That would probably be the cheapest 30 hp gain available.

Shame is though, that you have to pay for what should have been there in the first place!

Anyone know if USA market high-performance cars are similarly restricted? e.g big block Corvettes or Subaru WRXs?

·
Registered
106 Posts
But look at it this way, it will provide further tuning options as well as giving back the rated HP. But I agree, for such a high priced purchase and capping the ETV is a hard pill to swallow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
we don't currently have the 2020-21 bike in the software but the ECU is with us to investigate. It is likely it will work with the same tools but we cannot say 100% until we dig deeper.
Well, not maybe not the day it's delivered, but they're working on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealer finally confirmed what we've already known regarding availability so I'm out. Perhaps I'll check back with Honda in another 12 years.
Good luck to you guys picking them up, hope they are awesome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dealer finally confirmed what we've already known regarding availability so I'm out. Perhaps I'll check back with Honda in another 12 years.
Good luck to you guys picking them up, hope they are awesome.
Not all allocations will be taken. Some people will back out. There will be units available once they hit the dealers just like the SP2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
That would probably be the cheapest 30 hp gain available.

Shame is though, that you have to pay for what should have been there in the first place!

Anyone know if USA market high-performance cars are similarly restricted? e.g big block Corvettes or Subaru WRXs?
No, high performance cars are almost always full power as sold, and for the Corvette, Camaro and similar vehicles there are relatively large gains that can be had through further tune, exhausts, super charger pulley swaps etc -all of which of course are intended for track use only as the vehicles are rendered non-emissions and noise complaint.

581 - 600 of 604 Posts