Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Kamikaze Idiot
157 Posts
reubens32 said:
Gents,

If I was to perform this setup (330 mm Rotors), what would be the correct size spacers and bolts I would need to complete the job? :confused: TIA.
5mm spacers for 320 rotors and 10mm for the 330's

miramax said:
330mm!? i was looking to upgrade my 05 to 320mm from 310 because the 320mm is lighter. Is the same for the 330's? I wouldn't think so..
330 Braking waves weigh a bit less then OEM 330's from a 954

·
Registered
854 Posts
brother louie said:
5mm spacers for 320 rotors and 10mm for the 330's
330 Braking waves weigh a bit less then OEM 330's from a 954
I expect the wave rotors to be a touch lighter than OEM rotors of the same size :rolleyes:
My question is, what befit(s) will the 1000RR gain by moving to 330mm rotors vs 320mm rotors?
I know that the stock 320's on the 06 1000RR are lighter than the stock 310's on the 04/05 by 1.2lb. This is due to the stock 320's being thiner. http://www.rogueracing.org/rotorup.htm

I plan to move to 320mm wave rotors. But if the 330mm waves offer a reduction in weight over the stock 310 or wave 320 rotors I'm in.

So is this a weight reduction thing? and/or is it for more stopping power? :cool:

·
Kamikaze Idiot
157 Posts
miramax said:
I expect the wave rotors to be a touch lighter than OEM rotors of the same size :rolleyes:
My question is, what befit(s) will the 1000RR gain by moving to 330mm rotors vs 320mm rotors?
I know that the stock 320's on the 06 1000RR are lighter than the stock 310's on the 04/05 by 1.2lb. This is due to the stock 320's being thiner. http://www.rogueracing.org/rotorup.htm

I plan to move to 320mm wave rotors. But if the 330mm waves offer a reduction in weight over the stock 310 or wave 320 rotors I'm in.

So is this a weight reduction thing? and/or is it for more stopping power? :cool:
Then i seigh it's a more stopping power thing. But i tested the 19mm pump first with the OEM rotors and that gave me alot more feedback. The waves added to that more byte.

·
Registered
854 Posts
brother louie said:
Then i seigh it's a more stopping power thing. But i tested the 19mm pump first with the OEM rotors and that gave me alot more feedback. The waves added to that more byte.
any guess on the weight difference with the 330 waves and the 320 waves?

·
Gold Member
5,002 Posts
miramax said:

Wave rotors aren't lighter, they're even sometimes heavier than stock. The benefit of waves is quicker cooling. I used to think they were lighter as well, but after talking to the Galfer rep at Laguna this year I found out otherwise.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Wave rotors aren't lighter, they're even sometimes heavier than stock. The benefit of waves is quicker cooling. I used to think they were lighter as well, but after talking to the Galfer rep at Laguna this year I found out otherwise.
I agree, I picked up a set of Braking wave rotors and couldnt beleive how heavy they were :eek: I didnt weigh them but they felt half as heavy again as stock (maybe an exageration but they werent just a little heavier they were a lot heavier!)

CBRBob said:
They may not be lighter on a scale, but WHERE they are lighter counts.
On the contrary it was the fact that the disc itself was a lot thicker than standard (I dont think that there would have been much difference in the carrier) So the extra weight was further out from the center, bad for gyroscopic effect...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They stop like a mo-fo. I had them on all last season and they are great! I picked them up for the 929 2 years ago. When I got them I too was dissapointed that they were thicker but wth. The 1st time I rode with them I thought I didnt put the front end of the bike back together correctly because it felt like the bike was falling into turns......... hence........ it was turning FASTER. The weight was less where it needed to be. No that was a 929 wave vs a 929 stock. I put them on the 1000 because I had them and the access to make the spacers(you can buy them). So the bolts were $5 and the spacers were my time.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Part#'s for 10mm spacers and longer bolts?

...does anyone know where one would go to purchase the 10mm spacers and the 10x1.25x67 flange bolts to utilize a 330mm rotor? Accompanying part#'s would also be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Kamikaze Idiot
157 Posts
The 954RR full floating Braking rotors on My '05 1000RR with R1 monoblock calipers ( OEM Tociko's are 2 pieces) With Carbon Lorraine SBK5 pads and steel brake lines + 21mm Nissin radial master cilinder(OEM=16mm).

Bytes like hell ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
i am actually in the process of doing this conv. to my 1000 rr front also.... but my measurments left me with a .375" spacer on a 04 front to fit 954 rotors... the 10mm converts to .393" do you think .018" of an in. (roughly 1/64") will matter???

·
Mis-placed Texan
1,247 Posts
brother louie, I did the same conversion on my '06, but I used OEM 929 rotors, R1 calipers, and an OEM '06 R1 master. The difference in braking power is phenomenal, and the additional weight of the rotors is negligible.

·
L'Poser
10,924 Posts
I did the same to my '05 Repsol back in '05. Works fine on the '08 also.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts