Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some guidance on what level of service do I need ? My cbr1000 has not powered up for 4 years . I bought a new battery today but the bike powered up but did not start .
All feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Does the bike crank at all?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Change all of the fluids. Remove spark plugs. Spray a little penetrating oil or wd-40/PB blaster into the park plug holes. Remove the crank shaft cover in the left side of the engine case. Use a wrench to turn the engine over manually. Or put the bike in gear on a rear stand and rotate the rear wheel to get the engine to rotate manually. Check the main fuse(s). Give the starter a tap with a hammer. Put it all back together and let us know.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Haha, I'm in the same boat. I have 3 vehicles and 3 motorcycles that haven't been cranked in 4+ years. Haven't been able to go home for a variety of reasons.

On the cars I will change oil and gas, pull the plugs/ignition coils, crank a little bit, put them back in and start.

On the bikes I will change oil and gas, turn the rear wheel to get the engine moving, and start.

All will almost definitely need a new battery.

This time I'm buying a couple 4-port battery maintainers before I leave again...

Commenting to follow and see what else is suggested...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Following. Going to be going through the same process here shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts