• 52-62

• 63-79

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it turns out there a number of us 50+ folks with Fireblades in the fleet.

Come on in and fess up, after all we are the REAL mid-life crisis folks :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (y) :cool:

·
mgoff
6 Posts
When I was 48 yrs old I had a 1998 CBR900rr. I was stopped for speeding and the officer said to me "aren't you too old for this bike shouldn't you be riding a Harley". Now, I'm 62 - two 2006 CBR1000rr's and a Ducati 1098 later, just bought a 2018 CBR1000rr SP in April. I love this bike, it's so light. I'll be riding for a number of years!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am 52, all of my motorcycle have been sportbikes.

88 Honda Hurricane 600
97 Honda CBR 900RR
02 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
06 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
17 Honda CBR 1000RR

Bought all bikes brand new off showroom floor, during that time period.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
I'm in the club! Does anyone remember Greyhound? I heard from him about 6 months ago, I don't think he's been on the track lately. He is by far the oldest sport bike rider I know and well into his 70's he could kick most riders asses on he track!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will be 50 in November. Not officially in the cool kids group yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not too sure about that. I feel there's a certain aura of exclusivity being an old bastard riding superbikes. To allow 'youngies' to infiltrate our ranks would be like allowing freshmen to enter the Masters' graduation!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, I agree with your first part for sure. But pretty soon people will start lying about their age, telling us they are 70 when they are really 48. What do we do then?

Maybe we should make them that the Alzheimers cognitive test before letting them in. Rules are they have to fail the test ;)

·
Old Enough to Know Better
326 Posts
61 and counting...
IMG_2182.JPG

This is too much fun.... 🙃
I think we should make jj wait like the rest of us....:p
I don't need no stinking test to prove I have no memory left!!!!
CUTBACK....nice red Fireblade. Funny how the fairings started to look like a naked bike, but now they are going back to more fairing like the 04/05s.
Thank you mountain CBR! At this point in life, I've been reduced to nothing more than a track day weeny and a has been,
that never was...

·
Registered
460 Posts
CUTBACK....nice red Fireblade. Funny how the fairings started to look like a naked bike, but now they are going back to more fairing like the 04/05s.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah like the full fairing better, but still love the look of my 17.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts