Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New member here. Found this site the other day (from 600RR.net). Recognize a few member names from other sites (Motorush, Fireblades.org, etc). Traded my RC51 in on a CBR1000RR. Paid for my bike in full, and at the time, was trying to decide if I should get a 600RR or a 1000RR. There wasn't enough of a difference in price, but now Honda (here in Canada) are offering discounts on leftover 600RRs. I had a chance to demo a 600RR in June, and I really liked it. It was an awesome bike (handling wise) and I can just imagine what the 1000RR will be like because I've read a few reviews that say it's even better than the 600RR (because of the HESD) , just with more power/pull. Anyhow, some of you probably have 600RRs and are upgrading to the 1000RR. Just looking for a some feedback. I am leaning towards the 1000, but there is a significant savings to be had to go to the 600RR. Not to mention the operating costs (mostly tires - the RC51 was brutal on tires).

DoubleR

·
Registered
425 Posts
tough choice

you may have read in a coupe other posts I'm having to make the same decision. I currently have a 600rr that is a lemon (the exception not the rule) and I am basically making honda take it back. This would not keep me from buying another one because I love the bike, mine just has an electrical problem that no one can figure out. My friend rode my 600rr yesterday (he owns a 2003 GSXR 600) and when he got off of mine he was so excited and disapointed that he had bought what he had because there is no comparison between those two bikes. I personally have come to the decision that I am going to buy the 1000rr because I know how the 600rr is already, and if Im disappointed in the 1000rr (I highly doubt that) I can always sell it and go buy another 600rr. If money is a huge factor obvoiusly the 600rr is cheaper and you will not be disapointed. good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
DoubleR said:
Traded my RC51 in on a CBR1000RR.
Sounds like you already made your decision. Well, for me, a 1000 is a little too much bike, a 600 is perfect, and the 600RR is quite a 600. I have only been riding for a year and am definetly not ready for the 1000.

Another factor of course is $$. Extra roughly $2500 USD for the 1000 plus the insurance hike. The 600RR is a fun bike and it performs really well. I dont think you'd be dissapointed at all with the 600RR, and if you are getting a sick deal on one, it would be hard to pass up. That said, if your heart yearns for the 1000, and you have the cash flow to do it, you might as well because you wont be happy unless you have what you really want. I dont think you can go wrong either way.
GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm just wondering how well the HESD system is goign to work. It sounds like a great Idea but how many racers are going to take it off and put on a manual style where they can control the damping better.
The 1000RR looks like a sweet bike. None of us have got to touch one yet. I would love to ride one but I know it's not going to happen. It's got alot of hp that to me I don't need. As for the weight of the new bike It's not too much for then the 600 and your making it up with that extra kick of power. It's going to be a sweet bike. I saw it at the international motorcycle show. I knwo your coming from an RC51 which is one of my dream bikes. I fell in love with that bike.
Honda seems like they are really standing behind this bike and going to go out and kick some butt with it.
If I were to get a 1000rr it would be my street monster because you can never have enough power to get out of the way of some idiots on the road and sometimes braking isn't an option so you need that power to get you out of situations. But I would keep my 600rr for a track bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well no matter what way you choose you cant lose. They are both bad ass bikes in their own ways.

By the way do you guys like the new Hayden replica RC-51 and they also have a Mliden replica Gsx-r 1000 i think they look sweet. Check em out on Honda.com and Suzuki.com

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
RE:

Just got back from the Chicago bike show. They had a red 1000RR on the carousel, and they had a silver one on the floor for people to sit on. I'm about 6'1" or 6'2" and thought it was just as comfortable as my 954RR.

I put a down payment on the 1000RR Friday evening. I get the first one the dealer gets (supposed to be April), and I get to choose my color.

The 1000RR does look better in person than in the photos. They didn't have the black 1000RR at the show. While the silver looked really nice, I think I'm going to order the red.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I've decided I am getting the 1000RR after all. It's already paid for, and even though there are rebated on last year's 600RR, the 1000RR is getting good reviews for being a good all round 1L bike. I have a black one ordered, but haven't seen it in person. Was supposed to go to the Montreal Motorcycle show at the end of Feb, but can't now. Red looks good, black looks sweet (but will no doubt scratch easy) and silver/black is growing on me. For the guys who have seen all 3, which color looks the best?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Theres a Poll here on 1000rr.net just for (colors) on the bike. Check it out. I like all black it just looks so mean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.