Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. My brother is buying my 600rr and i am going to buy a 1000rr on friday. I live in the bay area, ca and have called everywhere and the lowest price i have got is 10899 out the door. They tell me they are only making 175 dollars off this deal. What is the best price anyone has seen around the bay. I am going to get a red one and paint the lowers red like the Hondas 1000rr race bike. Has anyone done this? Do you have pics?
thanks. Does anyone make that tail they have on the bike where it goes down the side a little bit instead of just where the seat is (where it says dunlop).

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think that is a good deal. I paid 11,500 OTD for mine but I also wanted the first bike they got and I didn't want to wait. I own a 600rr as well and you will love the upgrade. There are some pictures of other bikes on here with the lowers painted all red and it looks good. I'm probably going to do the same when I get the time to start making cosmetic changes to the bike. Mine will probably go unchanged for most of this year because I'm just to busy and when I have free time I just want to ride. good luck and enjoy it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
After looking at the pic of Bostroms bike I have to say I like the polished frame on it. I think that is the first time, I usually hate the look of it. That is definately what I'm going to do with my bike (red lowers) but the honda sticker has to go back on otherwise it's just to much red for me.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
That frame isn't polished. It's just not powdercoated. It's brushed and then clearcoated, much like the swingarm. It would be hard to have that done yourself as it may require complete disassembly of the bike to spray the clear. Granted, it might be worth it since just polishing the frame would require many, many hours of maintenance to keep it looking good. IMHO, I think black's just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.