Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 954RR. Except for occasional head shake under hard acceleration, I love it. But I think I'd love the 1000RR even more. I'm thinking about picking one up tomorrow (Tuesday). If you upgraded from the 954 to the 1000, can you please let me know your thoughts on the differences?

Thanks!

Erik

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IronNutz said:
See here: http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=285&highlight=954

Edit: You have the last post in that thread. Are you wondering if things have changed since then?
That thread was definitely interesting. Three people posted their thoughts on the differences between the 954 and 1000, and I valued that feedback. The other posts on that thread were fun to read, but they didn't address the question at all. I reopened the issue because I was hoping that with a few more weeks on the market, more people might be able to make comparisons between the 954 and 1000. Couldn't hurt to ask. I value what people here say -- probably more than any of the mags. And since you can't test drive the damn things, I like to get as much feedback as I can from real owners. As you can see, I'm very tempted, but I'm also a bit hesitant.

Just looking for help (or maybe a push) from my fellow liteRRbike riders. :?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am SO FUCKIN HAPPY! I pick my 1000RR up next Friday. I had a 954RR before (see avatar) that had PC3 + Pipe + Corbin + Matris M4 Damper + Suspension tuned....so I will post a good review about the 1000RR itself and between the two bikes once I get it.

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yama1yzf said:
Elmel, I sold my 954 to get the 1000RR and all I can say is "do it". :cheers:
Ok, I just pulled the trigger. They're uncrating mine as I write this. I pick it up at 4:00 (pacific). I'll be keeping the 954 until I can sell it (hopefully not a long time). I'll try to write my impressions about the differences as soon as I can (if I ever come inside again).

:rocker:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats dude...i'm hoping I shoved you over the edge :thumbup: I sold my 954 in one day for $7500 and got a lot of calls while it was in the ads. I bought it for $8K. You will have NP. What color did you end up with?

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yay! I did it. Got the seat cowl too. A bit more than Bell's, but I don't have to wait.

I have only 14 miles on the bike so far. My impression is: SMOOTH. Even easier to get into first gear than my 954 (not that either is hard; I only bring it up because I heard others had some difficulties). And what a purr. Wow! Can't wait to open her up.

With her sister:

By herself:

How do I get the VIN sticker off? Does it come off as easily as the other stickers? Hairdryer and gasoline? When used correctly, a hairdryer and a good supply of gasoline can remove just about anything. :twisted:

Thanks again to everyone on this forum. Your feedback has been very helpful.

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got back from my first real ride -- from San Ramon to Napa/Sonoma and back. :shock: OH MY GOD! You people are insane. As far as I'm concerned, you're all way too mellow about this bike. It's amazing. It's so much better than the 954. It feels so light, yet it's solid as a rock. Very stable. Nothing seems to upset the front end.

Can't wait to get her broken in so I can open her up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Our brains cant handle talking about how good this bike is, we're too tired from the hours upon hours we've been riding!!!

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was exhausted and delirious when I posted my message last night. I'd like to elaborate on my excitement just a bit...

Now that I've ridden it at higher speed in some twisties, I can totally relate to what everyone's been saying: the bike is deceptive. At 120, it feels like the 954 at 80. You have to go much faster to get the same rush. Yeah, ok, my adrenaline glands won't be stimulated quite as easily, but my confidence level in the machine I ride has just gone up a few notches.

Also, the thing just doesn't seem happy unless it's leaning way over. I think I feel this way because I'm used to working harder to get my 954 to corner. This thing just dives right in. It's amazing.

Can't wait to put some more miles on her. :cruising:

·
Senior Citizen
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did I mention how stable the bike is? OMG!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.