Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Did they only allocate 50 for the US? Seems a little small for one of the larger markets in the world.
I'm really interested to know the feel of the ride.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts
Did they only allocate 50 for the US? Seems a little small for one of the larger markets in the world.
They are almost exclusive to only Powerhouse Dealers

·
Registered
516 Posts
They are almost exclusive to only Powerhouse Dealers
I see ... I just looked at Honda's website, looks like Powerhouse Dealers are not in every state.
There are none in my state, nor Oregon nor Idaho. Not even one in the Chicago area --- the 3rd largest city in the US!

Reactions: Bevo

·
Banned
826 Posts
. . . I'm really interested to know the feel of the ride.
Depends how well you can 'squeeze' into the bike. Taller riders will need ligaments removed from the back of their knees!:ROFLMAO: For those familiar with the RC51 the ergonomics are VERY similar.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You do realise there are no base models anymore in US.LARGER market ain’t buying blades so they stopped. More money in scooters and smaller bikes then no one buying the Fireblade.

Same in Australia only RR R and $50k start price

·
a d m i n
151,029 Posts
You do realise there are no base models anymore in US.LARGER market ain’t buying blades so they stopped. More money in scooters and smaller bikes then no one buying the Fireblade.

Do we know for certain that the base RR-R won’t be here in the States come next year?

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts
Do we know for certain that the base RR-R won’t be here in the States come next year?
I can't see not being offered a 2022 base model for the US

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts

So a 2020 CBR doesn't exist in the US. The SP is a 2021 year model. They'll probably offer a base model in the US for 2022

·
Banned
826 Posts
So a 2020 CBR doesn't exist in the US. The SP is a 2021 year model. They'll probably offer a base model in the US for 2022
This will be quite interesting in a couple of years @Bevo.

As you're getting the RR-R SP as a '2021' model, its VIN identifier (10th digit) will presumably and logically be an 'L', which we know supports the 2020 manufacture year.

I can just see, with my pessimistic mind, a sly salesman when offering a trade in price later on: 'No, it's not a 2021 model, it's 2020. That makes it a year older and worth less money.':mad:

Please check this post in 2023 and see how on the ball I am!!😇(y)

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts
This will be quite interesting in a couple of years @Bevo.

As you're getting the RR-R SP as a '2021' model, its VIN identifier (10th digit) will presumably and logically be an 'L', which we know supports the 2020 manufacture year.

I can just see, with my pessimistic mind, a sly salesman when offering a trade in price later on: 'No, it's not a 2021 model, it's 2020. That makes it a year older and worth less money.':mad:

Please check this post in 2023 and see how on the ball I am!!😇(y)
I'd love to deal with a "salesman" like that. It wouldn't be the first time I made one look like an idiot. Not sure you're correct about US VIN. Besides, the model year is composed of the largest digits on the VIN placard.

·
Vendor
3,431 Posts
Rumor has it that to everyone's surprise US 2018 SP sales didn't even break into the triple digits, SP2 sales were so soft the SC82 SP numbers were revised down a few times.

If, and thats a huge if - the SC82 ST model comes to the US it will be a $25,000 base model without Ohlins or Brembo.

That is almost $5,000 more than a fully optioned carbon wheel BMW S1000RR M-Pack.

Brazil is a bigger street bike market for Honda now than the US is. They needed to discount the SC77 base to $9,995 to sell them, how many SC82 ST models do you think they will be selling for $25,000?

·
Banned
826 Posts
. . Not sure you're correct about US VIN. Besides, the model year is composed of the largest digits on the VIN placard.
Fair enough too. I have little knowledge of the USA/Can VIN system, but it is universal that the 10th digit - on any form of VIN Plate or stamping, will represent the manufacture year.

The UK/Euro bikes generally have our plate on the head stem; mine's below for illustration.
I am familiar with the USA plated on my two Erion 929s where the plates are on the frame. In these three instances the 10th character is the MY.

Of course, all will be revealed when the USA models are able to be publicly viewed (y)

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,079 Posts
@nigelrb yup, that 2001 on your example is a dead giveaway. That's how US VIN placards are composed.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts