Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Someone tested it on a airport runway and the speed limiter seems to be cutting it off at around 186 MPH. He did it multiple times on the airport. Did you see him hitting 90+ MPH in the 1st gear! Nuts!
Yours is able to go over 190 MPH ? That's cool.
Was it "cutting it off" or just not showing beyond 186? From what I understood, the speed/RPM continues to increase, it's just not reflected by the speedometer after 299kph/186mph.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Was it "cutting it off" or just not showing beyond 186? From what I understood, the speed/RPM continues to increase, it's just not reflected by the speedometer after 299kph/186mph.
Where did you read that? I'm interested to know.
That sounds like a dangerous thing to have since the speedometer is now lying. That would open up Honda to law-suits, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Where did you read that? I'm interested to know.
That sounds like a dangerous thing to have since the speedometer is now lying. That would open up Honda to law-suits, wouldn't it?
I didn't read it, I saw it on videos. Honda isn't/wouldn't be the first to do this.

I'm not sure it would open Honda to lawsuits. What road can I legally go over 186mph on where I might want to dispute that I didn't know I was breaking the law? :)

Not saying there isn't a limiter, just saying that based on what I've seen I believe it's only a visual one. When a bike hits 299kph, but the RPM continues to climb, you have all the proof you need that the speed isn't being limited. You'll notice a lot of bikes "limit" the speedo to 299/186 (blah blah gentleman's agreement). There have been hard limits on speed, but I thought they died years ago.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
^^^^

Poor Troy. And I thought I had problems!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
for sure you have problems, sounds like they follow you around, like genital warts.
A convicted child molester? Not sure why you are still here on this forum.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
but you are a nobody, you are not involved with anything how do you figure in this, you are a loser, for you to be annoyed about something that has nothing to do with you is absolutely rediculous, there is something wrong with someone who hides behind a forum and decided to pick a fight, you are a loser and probably work at McDonalds, so you trolling piece of shit before you start a fight make sure you can back it up, and again how about putting up the 40 dollars and support the forum instead of being angry that someone had issues with ecm flashing you are so stupid, do you know that partzilla sold out of 11 ecms in 17 i wasnt the only one with this issue, you stupid hick, the ecm has security protocols that no one knew at the time you mental deffective loser, you are a nobody and always will be a nobody even if you decide to take a stand at something you think you can way in on, i feel sorry for your pathetic life, hey i would offer to sell my sp2 to you but i know you couldnt afford it.. ha ha ha loser. so remember this you are a trolling loser who has no life and has nothing better to do, you have a kid lowlifes have kids just watch judge judy and you know who you are. Bye nobody this is the last time you get a second of my time. Get a life, get out of the basement and stop taking up self righteous fights that you have are to stupid to understand. Your angry because of your pathetic life, ---The per capita income for residents of the city was $24,416. Females had a median income of $23,510 versus $26,604 for males. The median income for a household in the city was $47,884, this is why you are picking fights you pathetic life circumstances. Have a pathetic life you mega loser
peter, peter, peter,,,
Love, love, love your demographic studies, as well as your multiple 'loser' references. You spell like someone from a foreign land, but you came to the USA because it's the land of opportunity, yes?
Apparently $, and status are very important to you, being you constantly regurgitate it in all your posts, over, and over, and over again, like a broken record. Sarasota, is a beautiful place, ever been here? you would say the same. You don't need a lot of $ to live here, thankfully, hee hee. This is fun! :love:

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,093 Posts
‘21 base 1000RR is a comin’
It's been listed on Honda's site since 2020. No base SC82 though

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
It's been listed on Honda's site since 2020. No base SC82 though
I know, I’m just glad they didn’t do away wt the sc77 as Kid suggested.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts