Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got an ‘18. Sales lady confirmed it is ABS, but the stock model name does not say “CBR1000RR ABS” it just says “CBR1000RR”. The tires look like this though:

just wondering cos some motorcycles have the toothed rotor and are still not ABS. I was told it’s because the manufacturer makes all the wheels in the same production line.

thoughts?

·
Registered
796 Posts
My personal thought is the sales lady is full of crap? Is she saying a large corporation like Honda will waste money on putting sensor rotors on all bikes? Frig me. The ABS rotor is NOT part of the wheel!!

Yours has the wire to the front wheel also, which will feed back to the ABS unit/ECU. Also, you should know instantly the ignition is turned on because an 'ABS' light will show and then go out after you reach about 2 mph.

·
Hook 'em!
2,691 Posts
An ABS warning light is always displayed at start up. As soon as you ride the light turns off. That's how you know if you have ABS. Consult your owners manual for the location of the ABS light on your display.

·
Hook 'em!
2,691 Posts
My personal thought is the sales lady is full of crap? Is she saying a large corporation like Honda will waste money on putting sensor rotors on all bikes? Frig me. The ABS rotor is NOT part of the wheel!!
View attachment 259920

Yours has the wire to the front wheel also, which will feed back to the ABS unit/ECU. Also, you should know instantly the ignition is turned on because an 'ABS' light will show and then go out after you reach about 2 mph.
View attachment 259920

That wheel speed sensor is also used by TC and wheelie control

·
Hook 'em!
2,691 Posts
Look for a label under the rear seat. What does it read?
CBR1000S1 = SP
CBR1000RR = standard
CBR1000RA = ABS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look at the brake lines - does the one from the front wheel and the one from the front master cylinder connect to little rectangular cubes then to hard lines that go behind the front fairing?

If yes, it's abs
abs.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts