Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Romans 5:8
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of somebody who can adjust the compression, damping, and rebound to a specific weight? I don't feel too comfortable taking it to a dealership because in speaking with one they said that I wouldn't need to be there for them to do it. :th_down: The whole purpose of doing this is to have the bike tuned in for me and not someone who isn't going to be riding it. I'm in Milwaukee, WI. if your wondering about location.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's better to try and understand what the adjusters do and tune it yourself than have someone else do it for you.
Settings depend not only to weight but also riding style.
I agree with doing the adjustments myself but I would like to learn and watch how to do the adjustments before I make future adjustments.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree with doing the adjustments myself but I would like to learn and watch how to do the adjustments before I make future adjustments.
Read the manual first to understand what each component does.Then start adjusting yourself.

·
ArtificialCrisisDisruptor
8,704 Posts
A simple way to learn what each does is to 1.turn it fully soft ride it then 2.turn it fully hard then ride it.Do that for each adjuster at a time.
Note the OEM settings so you won't get 'lost'.

Note:You can't have THE perfect setting for every situation.Sacrifices are inevitable.That's why it's better to learn yourself so,when u ex.go to the track you do some laps and adjust the suspension where it needs.Same for a comfortable ride,a rain-ride or an ''areunuts?'' ride.

I could help u with a basic setting but seeing your avatar you have a 06,I have a 04.

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I didn't want to mess things up with the suspension and wasn't sure if I changed a settings if it would dramatically change the overall ride. I want to become more knowledgable and at the same time I want to do it right. Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like I'm headed to the manual!

·
SV Racer
0 Posts
Thanks, I didn't want to mess things up with the suspension and wasn't sure if I changed a settings if it would dramatically change the overall ride. I want to become more knowledgable and at the same time I want to do it right. Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like I'm headed to the manual!
We should hook up some time, I will go over it with you in detail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A simple way to learn what each does is to 1.turn it fully soft ride it then 2.turn it fully hard then ride it.Do that for each adjuster at a time.
Note the OEM settings so you won't get 'lost'.

Note:You can't have THE perfect setting for every situation.Sacrifices are inevitable.That's why it's better to learn yourself so,when u ex.go to the track you do some laps and adjust the suspension where it needs.Same for a comfortable ride,a rain-ride or an ''areunuts?'' ride.

I could help u with a basic setting but seeing your avatar you have a 06,I have a 04.
Hey bud, any chance I could pick your brain for the same reason? I bought an 05 that has been lowered and suspension tightened for drag racing. I am having the lowering link replaced with a stock one and raising the front to stock as well. Then I want to loosen it up and tweak it myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts