Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum and very happy to be a new member. I just picked up an 07 cbr1000rr that needs a little attention. I got it in a trade and on the way home the MIL light came on and it started riding rough. If it's like 6k + in the rpms it starts to pull, but anything lower and it feels like it's fighting for fuel or like one or more injectors are plugged. No smoke and no crackle or backfire. Sitting at idle it seems to idle high bouncing from around 1,100 to 2,300 rpm. I look forward to being part of your group and working through what eventually will be a kick ass bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if there's MIL, then there's DTC codes.
Pull codes, what are they?
Will point finger at system that's not within spec, entire system and circuit should be tested and measured according to manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmmm I'm only getting a 34 code. Which makes sense to start since the previous owner recently put on a new Yoshi exhaust. I asked him what he did to avoid exhaust servo codes and he looked at me funny. I ordered an e servo delete to help with the code. Do any of you think this could cause the idle to not stabilize and hesitation on the lower end? Kinda makes sense to me but I'm a newb

·
Registered
93 Posts
ah that makes sense. What the servo does is resizes exhaust pipe depending upon flow demands. At idle and low-load/low-RPMs, it closes down exhaust. This acts like smaller exhaust and makes flow faster and moves more air through engine.

Then at high-loads/high-RPMs, small exhaust would be too restrictive, cause too much backpressure and hurt power. So servo opens up exhaust for less restriction and higher flow under high-load/high-RPMs.

Without servo, air-flow at idle and low-RPMs is slower and less than stock. But ECU is pre-programmed for higher flow-rate and ends up injecting way too much fuel. To resolve, you'll need to dyno-test to get AFR in low-end. Then re-program ECU maps accordingly to reduce low-end fueling. Woolich has very good tuning package.

Reactions: D3athPunchxx

·
Registered
93 Posts
The intake flap and foam is for noise.

But exhaust servo is purely for performance. Thousands of dyno runs have been done that shows loss in low-end torque with removal of servo. Just make best of bad scenario by getting bike dyno-tuned to remove fuel in low-end and it'll idle and run better under low-loads/low-RPMs

Reactions: D3athPunchxx
1 - 11 of 11 Posts